LaunchBox Community Forums

preview COMMUNITY Theme Creator 1.0.6.0 with Custom Image Creator

Now that I finally have my collection about where I want it, I may start trying out this program. A few questions before i dive in though ...
-  Is this a complete GUI based designer, or will I need to know code to supplement the design process? (I am not a coder)
-  Where do I start ... meaning, is there a de-facto tutorial or depot showing 'how to' videos. I am a visual learner and usually do best when i can reverse engineer a template to tweak/make it what I want.
-  is there any extra software I need to have installed to get it to work correctly.

My goal would be to mimic what Viking has done with the Colorful theme, but add my own additions to the text views... like extra info (date released) in the game window.

Thanks!

The Creator is 100% GUI, you do not need to know how to code in order to build a theme, I’ve tried to shy away from using coding jargon.

i have YouTube videos on my channel that could assist you but as this app is in Alpha the interface has gone thru a few changes but the  overall how to remains the same.

Start with this video as I build a theme and various views from scratch 

But I do include a theme for people to play with/reverse engineer.

no extra software is required, if you have launchbox then you should be good to go.

Edited by y2guru