Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
lee allatt

ps3 exit

Recommended Posts

hi i am having problems with exiting the ps3 emulator in big box using the back feature with the two buttons but its works when i launch the game in launch box

can anyone help plez 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lee allatt said:

hi i am having problems with exiting the ps3 emulator in big box using the back feature with the two buttons but its works when i launch the game in launch box

can anyone help plez 

There are separate controller settings for LaunchBox and BIg Box. It sounds like maybe your Big Box bindings for exiting games aren't set up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

There are separate controller settings for LaunchBox and BIg Box. It sounds like maybe your Big Box bindings for exiting games aren't set up?

i have set them up both the same and i have tried using x on keyboard non work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not tested exiting the PS3 emulator any time recently, so it's possible that there's an issue with exiting that particular emulator. I don't currently have a PS3 setup to test with. If every other emulator is working properly, than that's probably the issue. You can, however, put in your own AutoHotkey script for it under Tools > Manage Emulators > Exit AutoHotkey Script tab.

It doesn't look like there's a default AutoHotkey script for exiting RPCS3, so it may just be that one needs to be written.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have noticed the same behavior with RPCS3, PCSX2 and Altirra. They will work like mentioned above in LB, but once you go to BB the combo exit keys will not work (both LB and BB are set to same key combos). Fortunately, the Pause Menu works, so can exit out from that menu.  I haven't messed with the AHK scripts and /or the pause settings (now set to forceful pause, suspend process).  But since they work in LB not thinking that was the issue. 

Edited by sundogak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, sundogak said:

I have noticed the same behavior with RPCS3, PCSX2 and Altirra. They will work like mentioned above in LB, but once you go to BB the combo exit keys will not work (both LB and BB are set to same key combos). Fortunately, the Pause Menu works, so can exit out from that menu.  I haven't messed with the AHK scripts and /or the pause settings (now set to forceful pause, suspend process).  But since they work in LB not thinking that was the issue. 

I see. Sometimes emulators have weird quirks that cause certain scripts to behave differently in LaunchBox vs. Big Box. I'll see if @C-Beats can replicate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sundogak

Could you let me know what Controller Mapping you are using to attempt to close the emulator? Also could you PM me your BigBoxSettings.xml file (located in \\Launchbox\Data\)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appears that the "Exit" automation was being used instead of "Close Active Window". "Exit" closes Big Box, "Close Active Window" closes the game.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...