LaunchBox Community Forums

ps3 exit

lee allatt

Just now, lee allatt said:

hi i am having problems with exiting the ps3 emulator in big box using the back feature with the two buttons but its works when i launch the game in launch box

can anyone help plez 

There are separate controller settings for LaunchBox and BIg Box. It sounds like maybe your Big Box bindings for exiting games aren't set up?

I have not tested exiting the PS3 emulator any time recently, so it's possible that there's an issue with exiting that particular emulator. I don't currently have a PS3 setup to test with. If every other emulator is working properly, than that's probably the issue. You can, however, put in your own AutoHotkey script for it under Tools > Manage Emulators > Exit AutoHotkey Script tab.

It doesn't look like there's a default AutoHotkey script for exiting RPCS3, so it may just be that one needs to be written.

I have noticed the same behavior with RPCS3, PCSX2 and Altirra. They will work like mentioned above in LB, but once you go to BB the combo exit keys will not work (both LB and BB are set to same key combos). Fortunately, the Pause Menu works, so can exit out from that menu.  I haven't messed with the AHK scripts and /or the pause settings (now set to forceful pause, suspend process).  But since they work in LB not thinking that was the issue. 

Edited by sundogak

On 3/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, sundogak said:

I have noticed the same behavior with RPCS3, PCSX2 and Altirra. They will work like mentioned above in LB, but once you go to BB the combo exit keys will not work (both LB and BB are set to same key combos). Fortunately, the Pause Menu works, so can exit out from that menu.  I haven't messed with the AHK scripts and /or the pause settings (now set to forceful pause, suspend process).  But since they work in LB not thinking that was the issue. 

I see. Sometimes emulators have weird quirks that cause certain scripts to behave differently in LaunchBox vs. Big Box. I'll see if @C-Beats can replicate.

• 1 year later...

I'm having this problem with the emulator entirely.. usually on my PC I hit esc and it takes me out of the emulator, this is for Mame, its for retroarch, pcsx2... and so on... it is also my exit game function on launchbox, or if im using rocket launcher or not. esc is always the instant shut down button for me.... here is the issue... when i hit esc on RPCS3 all it does is change the window size, game is still runnin.. I cant figure out how to change that on the emulator that ESC is shut down all functions

• 1 year later...