LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Saturn Games

GamerMTL

Hello, Does anyone know where you can download Saturn games from, in single .bin and .cue file formats.  I had good luck with replayers.org, however they're library is very limited. All the other sites were either formats that showed a single.cue file with multiple .bins, which made an absolute mess in Launchbox. Other were super slow to download and then they were  in .mds and .mdf files. Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated! Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Can't tell you where to get roms, but chdman from MAME can turn multiple bin files into a single chd file. Works great for emulators that support it. (Retroarch Beetle Saturn core for example) 

Thanks! I use the Mednafen emulator...works with that?

20 minutes ago, GamerMTL said:

When i was looking at ETA Primes step by step video, it indicates that you need both .bin and .cue files for the game to work. There's a work around? Thanks! 

You need both files, but Launchbox only needs the .cue file imported. The .cue tells the emulator what other files there are.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You need both files, but Launchbox only needs the .cue file imported. The .cue tells the emulator what other files there are.

Hey, thank you very much for that, it works great. I have one follow up question. Although I have set up my XBOX One controller in Mednafen, it seems to lose it settings, every time i exit out of Launchbox, forcing me to bind the controller each time. Any suggestions? As well, doesn't seem to recognize my 8bitdo SN30pro controller, wired or wireless.  Any thoughts?