LaunchBox Community Forums

Not all games being imported for MAME (Primal Rage specifically)

goldenegg

It's been a while since I last used my computer for emulation. but getting back in to it now.  I was looking forward to playing some rounds of Primal Rage, but was surprised to find it wasn't there.  I decided to start again with arcade ROMs and chose to import a new full set (0.219).  When doing so, I noticed that Primal Rage wasn't shown in the list of games to be imported.  I confirmed the ROMs were there.

Any ideas here?  I have the latest MAME binary and running the latest official release of Launchbox.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Figured it out.  I didn't realize Primal Rage was still not marked as 'playable' in MAME.

Edited by goldenegg

19 minutes ago, goldenegg said:

It's been a while since I last used my computer for emulation. but getting back in to it now.  I was looking forward to playing some rounds of Primal Rage, but was surprised to find it wasn't there.  I decided to start again with arcade ROMs and chose to import a new full set (0.219).  When doing so, I noticed that Primal Rage wasn't shown in the list of games to be imported.  I confirmed the ROMs were there.

Any ideas here?  I have the latest MAME binary and running the latest official release of Launchbox.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Figured it out.  I didn't realize Primal Rage was still not marked as 'playable' in MAME.

Primal Rage is a non working game in current MAME versions. Launchbox by default when using the fullset importer only imports working games, Primal Rage isn't currently working so is omitted from the import.

Talk about it in this reddit thread.

• Thanks 1

Yup I play it quite frequently.  Honestly idk why it’s registered like that I can’t tell much is wrong with it.  That thread is like 4 years old isn’t it?

primal rage 2 however, even with the CHD is a different story....

Edited by Tackett1980