LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to start MAME

degetalwolf

Hi Guys,

Hoping for some help. I've managed to get BB working with most emus but I'm hitting issues with MAME. It won't start at all, even outside of BB/LB. All I get is a glimpse of a command prompt and then nothing.

I've tried installing the latest driver for my graphics (a 1060), as well as a few other things I've seen, but still nothing. Open to any ideas from anyone as I'm quite stumped!

4 minutes ago, degetalwolf said:

Hi Guys,

Hoping for some help. I've managed to get BB working with most emus but I'm hitting issues with MAME. It won't start at all, even outside of BB/LB. All I get is a glimpse of a command prompt and then nothing.

I've tried installing the latest driver for my graphics (a 1060), as well as a few other things I've seen, but still nothing. Open to any ideas from anyone as I'm quite stumped!

Does your romset version match your emulator version?

4 hours ago, degetalwolf said:

No - it displays for a fraction of a second a command prompt window and then does nothing. So it does nothing at all, randomly. 

I downloaded the mame0220b_64bit version earlier - I assumed that was the right one.

That's strange as it should start MAME with the builtin UI without requiring any roms.

Can you open a Command Prompt or Power Shell and navigate to the MAME directory and run

./mame64.exe -v

and post the results. (or see if you see the error)

Cheers man - here's what I've got

Attempting load of mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
Reading translation file English: 1 strings, original table at word offset 7, translated table at word offset 9
Loaded 0 translations from file English
Starting plugin data...
Parsing mame.ini
Parsing mame.ini
Video: Monitor                                                            65537 = "\\.\DISPLAY1" (primary)
Direct3D: Using Direct3D 9
Physical width 1920, height 1080
Direct3D: Initialize
Direct3D: Configuring adapter #0 = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Direct3D: Using dynamic textures
Direct3D: YUV format = RGB
Direct3D: Max texture size = 16384x16384
Unable to create the Direct3D device (8876086C)
Unable to initialize Direct3D 9
Fatal error: Unable to complete window creation

Should not that before running this I don't think I had the .ini - I ran another command first (mame64.exe -cc) to get that sorted.

Since getting this error I've tried installing files from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

But still no luck :( says that I have newer files installed already

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I have downloaded MAME V0,0242 and installed Launchbox and roms as described. However, Mame does not launch. I have the same error description:

Can anyone give advice?

Can anyone give advice?

thank you

2 minutes ago, donpachi said:

Hello,

I have downloaded MAME V0,0242 and installed Launchbox and roms as described. However, Mame does not launch. I have the same error description:

Can anyone give advice?

Can anyone give advice?

thank you

That is a graphics driver issue, i would check that your GPU drivers are up to date, and i would instal directx9 as well.

• 4 weeks later...