LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME High Score Integration

I have 2 MAME LaunchBox builds.  One for version .196 and another for .220.  I started off with just the .220 build and found that some roms didn't work, so then I created the .196 build.  When I get a high score on the .220 build it gets uploaded to the Leader boards but on the .196 build it doesn't.  The score from the game is created in the "hi" folder but never gets read and uploaded by LaunchBox.  Everything is configured correctly in the .196 build.  Does anyone have any insight as to why this isn't working?

48 minutes ago, Rombo Deadfish said:

I have 2 MAME LaunchBox builds.  One for version .196 and another for .220.  I started off with just the .220 build and found that some roms didn't work, so then I created the .196 build.  When I get a high score on the .220 build it gets uploaded to the Leader boards but on the .196 build it doesn't.  The score from the game is created in the "hi" folder but never gets read and uploaded by LaunchBox.  Everything is configured correctly in the .196 build.  Does anyone have any insight as to why this isn't working?

Is this a high score for the same game from the .220 build that is not getting uploaded? Or are you saying high scores for any game in the .196 build do not get uploaded?

On 5/7/2020 at 11:23 AM, Retro808 said:

Is this a high score for the same game from the .220 build that is not getting uploaded? Or are you saying high scores for any game in the .196 build do not get uploaded?

The score is not for a game that is in the 220 build.  The reason that I put together the 196 build was because the rom for the game in question did not have a working 220 version.

27 minutes ago, Rombo Deadfish said:

The score is not for a game that is in the 220 build.  The reason that I put together the 196 build was because the rom for the game in question did not have a working 220 version.

What game? Very rarely do games in an earlier version not work in newer versions. 

Are you saying that DigDug doesn't work in 220 or DigDug scores don't work in 220? I just tested it out (booting the game) and it definitely worked I didn't have a controller handy so I didn't try to get a high score or anything so I can say the game is working but can't comment on the scores for it.