LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for Easier Way to Move/Change Media Data Paths

The Papaw

Is there an easier way to move/change the media data path? For example, lets say my entire LB setup is currently on HDD "D", I want to move all my images, videos, manuals, music, etc., to drive "E" and leave LB on "D". That way I can share the data with multiple pcs without having to waste so much HDD space with multiple copies of the same data.

I know it can be done by editing each platform one at a time, as that is what I have been doing, but man that is a lot of work.

Isn't there some way to edit files in Notepad++ or something to make it easier? I looked at the "Platforms.xml" and other files in the Data directory, even after making changes to some of the platforms, and can't find anything different....

Any help would be much appreciated...

Edited by Wanderer189

7 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

There was a plugin that does it but no clue if it is still working. Just look through the plugin section of the forum

Thx, I just did a quick look through the Third-party Apps and Plugins section and wasn't able to find anything like that. Maybe it was removed?

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

i thought it was easy to set it all up on one computer and copy paste to the arcade computer which will have a different slightly directory path...am i in for a ton of work ahead??

It is easy to copy/paste it. He is asking about changing media paths only though, not moving the whole thing.

did you unblock the dll.

2 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

@neil9000 I dropped the SappPasRoot into the plugin folder and when you try to open LB/BB it just crashes LB. I sent a msg to Axenn to see if they can tell me if it still works with the current version of LB

2 hours ago, DOS76 said:

did you unblock the dll.

Yes Sir, there are actually 4 ddl files in the extracted folder, I also tried to move them out of the extracted folder into the plugin folder without any success.

This is what it is throwing, if it helps any:

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.15-beta-10
Type:    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Site:    System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins[T](IEnumerable`1 assemblies, ConcurrentDictionary`2& plugins)
   at (String , Form )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath, Form splashForm)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at (String[] )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

7:46:01 PM Exception

• 4 weeks later...