LaunchBox Community Forums

Downloading media files without game files

ghassan

Dear gents

is there a way to download all media library for one specific system without to include the games roms ?

will.... I lost all my retro collection yesterday including my lunchbox software & media, more than five Tera Retro collection of all game system out there.

lately ..I wasn't play games so much most of my time just collecting , and I really like to have a visual library for all game systems. & now I have no time

to download all of them again , so just want to know if there's a way to let Lunch box at least to download all the available media files without to add roms ?

I know its a silly question but am desperate here .

thanks

Edited by ghassan

You can use the Community Theme Creator to generate a fake rom list of all the games of a platform (it uses the Launchbox game database). Then just import those fake rom files as roms in Launchbox. That will give you all your media.

You need to have the platforms created in Launchbox so that the Theme Creator can see them.

imagen.thumb.png.aad466bfd072445ff45630b22d1cf040.png

Edited by CMOSS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW .....I was sure that there no way am surprised   THANKS CMOSS

Edit : it works thanks but first you need to put the text files into archives

just highlight the files & convert them all into zip or 7z files .

thanks again

Edited by ghassan
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ghassan said:

WOW .....I was sure that there no way am surprised   THANKS CMOSS

Edit : it works thanks but first you need to put the text files into archives

just highlight the files & convert them all into zip or 7z files .

thanks again

Glad to hear it :)

You have to zip them because you are using the "Add folder" option when importing the roms, right?. Go instead for "Add files", browse to the folder where the txt files are, and then select them all. Launchbox will identify them as games without the need of compressing them first.

Edited by CMOSS
  • Thanks 1

Let me save you a ton of time - drop these in a new lb build in the Launchbox/Data folder

I just popped 190k this is pretty much everything ever minus ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbone

Look up my Launchbox 2020 (from January) post if you need platform and playlist art.

Launchbox 2020.5

Edited by lou silver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1