LaunchBox Community Forums

How to deal with poorly named ROMs

wolpoffm

Hello!  I am loving this process so far, however, I have run into a small issue.  

I imported a folder of GBA Rom's of which several (more than 30) have a #GBA in the file name.  These roms are already in LB and they play without issue.  The problem is that Metadata does not get pulled reliably if at all.  I have gone into a couple and manually changed the title and then the metadata is downloaded without an issue.  

This led me to use a mass file renaming utility (Advanced Renamer) which allowed me to get rid of just the #GBA in the file names.  The problem is, LB still sees them with the #GBA and the path that LB points to for the actual rom is still the name with #GBA in it.  

I just started to re-import all of the GBA ROMS folder (in which the files have been renamed to omit the #GBA) which I am now thinking might have been a mistake as it might double up all of the roms?  Is there an easy way to batch change the titles and rom paths after importing originally?  Or should I just delete all metadata associated with the GBA Roms and start from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

Ok.  I just cancelled out of the re-import I was trying and did a CTRL+A inside GBA and deleted everything while in LB.  Closed and restarted LB and just began a new import of those ROMs with the better names.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks for the help! Now I know to check the naming before importing any large quantities of ROMs!!

The advanced renamer is a great tool  It is what I had already used.  I put the portable version in my dependencies folder on a portable HD with all of my LB files just for this sort of thing.  Got it pretty well sorted out now.  Thanks again!