LaunchBox Community Forums

Open specific region version of ROM from archive by default?

HTPCei

A lot of my ROMs are zip files, containing different region versions of each game. Recently I've noticed Launchbox/Retroarch seems to be picking a random region each time it launches, rather than following the region priorities I specified in Launchbox Settings.

Do I need to Re-import my ROMs? Or does anyone know of anything else I could try first?

2 minutes ago, HTPCei said:

A lot of my ROMs are zip files, containing different region versions of each game. Recently I've noticed Launchbox/Retroarch seems to be picking a random region each time it launches, rather than following the region priorities I specified in Launchbox Settings.

Do I need to Re-import my ROMs? Or does anyone know of anything else I could try first?

You shouldnt have different region roms inside of a single archive. Launchbox has no idea what is in the archive as its the zip you imported, not the contents of it. Also i have never seen romsets that actually come that way, so thats a new one on me.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the swift response, and for confirming what I was dreading, now I just need to check my whole library again haha

So, if I unzipped all the archives containing multiple regions, then zipped them all separately to save space; will Launchbox import each ROM as a separate game listing? Or should it then import just 1 game, choosing the Region based on my specifications? Thanks again