LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to connect to EmuMovies through LaunchBox

zheren

Is anyone else having issues with this now? I'm not sure how to confirm its on my end or a problem with the API.

I just got an EmuMovies account today and tried to set this up in Launchbox, but the Test connections area in Launchbox options always says "Unable to Login to EmuMovies".

Launchbox has been allowed through the firewall and I'm not having any other issues with metadata or the Launchbox Games Database.

I'm able to connect to the EmuMovies FTP account without issue and can log into the site as well.

Any responses are appreciated.

Thank you sundogak.

It must be an issue with my Launchbox configuration or my EmuMovies account. I've re-entered my password at least a dozen times and am not have a problem logging into EmuMovies or accessing the FTP server.

I made a new Launchbox installation and it still didn't work. Then I went and changed my EmuMovies password, logged into it and then into the ftp server and had no problem, but it still doesn't work from inside Launchbox.

My next step will be testing it on another computer/network I guess.

Hmm..stumped really since (in theory) shouldn't need to mess with any firewalls and such.  Have you tried the EMU Movies Sync utility just to see if it will connect or it is something local to your computer that is getting blocked?  FTP routes separately for EMU Movies. 

https://emumovies.com/files/file/321-emumovies-sync/

Also you are using the EMU web login in LB not your FTP login, correct?

Edited by sundogak

Your comment about FTP vs Web login might be the answer. I tried the EmuMovies Sync application and I'm not able to connect through that as well.

My web password also works for the FTP (filezilla), which made me think there was just one login. I submitted a support request at EmuMovies to see if I'm missing some alternate login details and hopefully get a response.

Thanks again! Not that anyone cares, but I'll post a reply here once I figure out what is really going on.

As promised- here's the solution:

EmuMovies password system is sensitive to certain *normal* special characters. If you find you can't log into EmuMovies from Launchbox or the Sync application, but you can with FTP and Web, there's a chance your password has a special character the system doesn't like. Hopefully that saves someone some trouble.

Thanks sundogak for your time here.

Revisiting this for an update- I tested password changes in an attempt to narrow down which special character/s were causing problems.

Unfortunately this caused me to be locked out from logging in through Launchbox again, even when going back to a character safe password.

The only way I've been able to get out of this is to switch username back and forth between email address and website ID (in the Launchbox EmuMovies area).

This is odd because all of the passwords worked for the EmuMovies website and ftp interface, and those changes appeared to be present in the Launchbox Settings.xml file.

For now I'll just say to be careful with how many special characters you use and if you keep getting failed login attempts, switch between your email address and web id. Your password may work for one and not another at seemingly random.

Maybe there's a temporary block put onto one ID but not another, and switching over gets rid of it.

Hopefully this helps someone in the distant future.

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2020 at 2:48 AM, zheren said:

As promised- here's the solution:

EmuMovies password system is sensitive to certain *normal* special characters. If you find you can't log into EmuMovies from Launchbox or the Sync application, but you can with FTP and Web, there's a chance your password has a special character the system doesn't like. Hopefully that saves someone some trouble.

Thanks sundogak for your time here.

Thanks so much for the follow up! I was having the exact same issue and my problem also turned out to be having special characters in my password. I'm not sure which character(s) it was specifically, but just using numbers and letters solved it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

It's my first post here so hello to everyone ;) I have the same problem with my Launchbox (newest version) and EmuMovies. I thought it might be the same issue - to much special characters in my password so I've changed it to shorter (16 chars) and with only one special character and that didn't solve the problem. I have two firewall rules, one for launchbox.exe and one for CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe and it doesn't work even if I turn firewall off. I have a lifetime Launchbox license and premium EmuMovies membership. I can connect to EmuMovies ftp with that password. I don't want to block my EmuMovies account by changing my password over and over again to see if it finally works in Launchbox. I've opened a support ticket at EmuMovies but haven't received any answer yet.

--edit--

I can connect to EmuMovies ftp with Total Commader but I can't connect with EmuMovies Sync, it gives me an error "Login failure".

--edit2--

That's really strange... I've just tried to connect to EmuMovies through Launchbox options menu and it has connected successfully...  EmuMovies Sync works now. I don't know what's going on...

Edited by TommyTomorrow

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...