LaunchBox Community Forums

Invisible BigBox process in task manager

zeznic

I'm a quite new premium user of LaunchBox/BigBox and can't say enough how awesome it is! :)

However, I have a very annoying problem happening often that I can't seem to find a solution for. Not always, but most of the time BigBox doesn't seem to exit properly and just stays as an invisible process (see attached image) in the task manager never disappearing.  I have let it be for hours but never seems to close. I've also tried BigBox on two different computers but the problem happens there as well. I always have to force close it which I've understood can result in corrupted data if I am unlucky. I am using a custom theme but seems to happen with the default theme as well.

Am I alone in experiencing this problem? And more importantly, is there a fix?troubleshoot.thumb.png.950ef11a119c58037de990f0cd8f14bd.png

This is something that has been happening to some users. Recent updates did rectify it for some users. I still get the random hang up like this. It has been linked in some cases to BigBox themes, at least I believe I saw that in a couple posts. What theme are you using? Also what version LB/BB are you on?

Just now, Retro808 said:

This is something that has been happening to some users. Recent updates did rectify it for some users. I still get the random hang up like this. It has been linked in some cases to BigBox themes, at least I believe I saw that in a couple posts. What theme are you using? Also what version LB/BB are you on?

Thank you for quick response! Oh I see, maybe I've messed something up then :/
I am using version 10.15 and the theme I am using is based on (but modified by me) Editorial Noir COMMUNITY Project Files version found here.

Is there any way to troubleshoot and see what causes the issue?

Just now, zeznic said:

Thank you for quick response! Oh I see, maybe I've messed something up then :/
I am using version 10.15 and the theme I am using is based on (but modified by me) Editorial Noir COMMUNITY Project Files version found here.

Is there any way to troubleshoot and see what causes the issue?

No. It is something I know the team has looked out. It is not something the user can tweak in a theme and I am not confident it was pinned down to custom themes. It was one of the areas that was looked at. There have even been cases with LB hanging on shutdown.

13 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

No. It is something I know the team has looked out. It is not something the user can tweak in a theme and I am not confident it was pinned down to custom themes. It was one of the areas that was looked at. There have even been cases with LB hanging on shutdown.

That is too bad! But thanks for your help. I will try and see if I can find some kind of explanation if it has to do with the theme or not. 

8 minutes ago, zeznic said:

That is too bad! But thanks for your help. I will try and see if I can find some kind of explanation if it has to do with the theme or not. 

Again, it might not be themes related. It was an avenue I think was looked it. I do remember Jason saying something about an issue with the Chromium embedded framework causing some problems. This was something though he worked on in prior betas. There is some information in the beta threads. Some of us has mentioned to the team it still randomly occurs.  

17 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Again, it might not be themes related. It was an avenue I think was looked it. I do remember Jason saying something about an issue with the Chromium embedded framework causing some problems. This was something though he worked on in prior betas. There is some information in the beta threads. Some of us has mentioned to the team it still randomly occurs.  

Yeah i had it happen to me yesterday, and if i recall the error log ended at CEF, so yeah chromium.