LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox stuck at 'loading interface'

Caduceus81

Hi,

I'm having issues with Launchbox on a regular basis. When I try to start Launchbox, it gets stuck on 'Loading interface'. I have to kill it, start it again and the same thing happens. I repeat this a few times and then it finally works again. If I don't do anything, it just keeps trying to load the interface. I've left it on for 10-15 minutes once, but nothing happened. 

I've tried searching for solutions and found that Rivatuner of Afterburner can cause problems. But I don't have those programs installed.

I've attached a screenshot and logs.

launchbox.png

Debug 2020-06-25 12-05-03 PM.log

1 hour ago, Caduceus81 said:

Hey thanks for your quick reply. I've installed a new instance in another location. Is there an easy way to get all my games in the new instance without having to import and scrape all my games again?

You didnt say whether the new instance actually works or not?

1 minute ago, Caduceus81 said:

Sorry, it works for now. But the old one used to work fine as well, before I started having issues.

So I need to spend some more time with it, before I'm sure the problems are solved.

If the install to a different location works then its not your PC missing libraries and is likely your original setup got corrupted somehow. I would try running the installer directly over the top of your original install, this wont effect your data, but will replace the files that Launchbox needs to run.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If the install to a different location works then its not your PC missing libraries and is likely your original setup got corrupted somehow. I would try running the installer directly over the top of your original install, this wont effect your data, but will replace the files that Launchbox needs to run.

This might have done the trick. Re-installed over the original install and rebooted. This would normally have caused the issue 100% of the time. Now it starts up normally.

Thanks for helping me out!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DOS76 said:

are you shutting down the program in an odd way that is causing to not save correctly and corrupt your files?

Define odd way? :P

One of two things happens: I shut down the pc by using the start menu > power > shutdown. Or I close Launchbox by using the X at the top right.

yeah shutting down the PC with LB open would be an odd way and may not give the program the time it would need to save all the data it saves when you shut it down using the x would be a perfectly normal way of shutting it down.

• Like 1

I still have this issue, though I seem to have it less regularly. 

For instance, today I reinstalled Launchbox and upon launching, it said there was an update available (11.0). So it automatically installed the update and when it started again, the same 'Loading Interface...' problem happened.