LaunchBox Community Forums

If I delete a platform will it delete the media associated with it?

DontPanic

I've been trying to install Retroarch and specifically Final Burn Neo.  While trying to figure out how to not have FBN under the MAME platform category I messed something up.  Now FBN games won't load up.  I want to delete the Final Burn Neo platform so I can reinstall it but I don't want to have to download all the media again.  If I delete the platform will the media get deleted?  Or will it get repopulated once I reinstall the platform?

13 minutes ago, DontPanic said:

So if I rename the Platform the same thing it should automatically associate?

No because the images will be stored in the folder named after the original name. You will have to rename that folder.

So if you change Super Nintendo Entertainment System to SNES you will need to go to the \Launchbox\Images folder and look for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System folder and rename it SNES.

Have you edited the RetroArch associated platform tab in LB to point to the proper core? If not go to Tools>Manage Emulators>select RetroArch and either double click or click the edit button to open a new window then go to the 2nd tab that is labeled Associated Platforms. I don't think Neo Geo is a default platform so you will have to go to an empty cell click in it and put in the name of your platform (it has to match exactly what you named the platform in LB). After filling that out click on the next field to activate the drop down menu select that then select the core you wish to use in RA. Then it should work.

6 hours ago, DontPanic said:

Also it's not Neo Geo in retroarch, it's Final Burn but they changed the Alpha to Neo when they split recently.

That makes no difference at all, simply name the platform in the associated platform exactly how you named it when you imported to Launchbox, then choose the FBNeo core from the dropdown.