LaunchBox Community Forums

Commodore Amiga CD32 on Retroarch

sinistron

Hey everyone,

So, I'm using the UAE core for Amiga in Retroarch and I am trying to execute games but it is advising me I am missing a "kick40060.CD32.ext" file.  Any idea on how I can rectify this?  If it has something to do with a BIOS I am missing... could someone possibly point me into the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 year later...

@dragon57 @sinistron  I have the very identical issue im experiencing with my set up since 6 Months or so

you last message said :

"I am getting the Amiga CD32 load screen with same error btw..

WOW.  Finally it is working.  ?"

But you never mentionned what you have done in order it work .... :(

please im trying to run my favorite CD32 game since awhile.... please @sinistron  @dragon57

MY USB FOLDER arrangement : 

>AMIGA CD32 (Main Folder) 

>>dotc2 (Subfolder)  (its the name of the game DEFENDER OF THE CROWN 2)

INSIDE this subfolder i have : 

--- dotc2  (BIN file)

--- dotc2 (CUE file)

---kick40060.CD32.ext

---kick40060.CD32.rom

---kick40068.A1200.ROM   (Someone told me that i might have to rename .rom to .ROM ?!)

I copy/paste the .ext and the two .rom INTO my Retroarch system too. (just in case ...I dont know if i have too)

when i load the CUE file using the Commodore AMIGA (PUAE) Core , the system boot to the loading screen (main menu) with cat eyes. and in the left bottom corner of the screen i got the message that im missing the kick40060.CD32.ext file ?!

Please Dragon57 & Sinistron or anyone , Im touching my old dream to play my #1 favorite game of all time please please please explain me what im doing wrong , what im missing ...

Mark

6 hours ago, MarkAmiga500 said:

---kick40060.CD32.ext

---kick40060.CD32.rom

For Amiga CD32 I think the names are kick40060.CD32 and kick40060.CD32.ext

After renaming, start Retroarch, load the core, than go into Retroarch menu and check under Information -> Core Information and it should state if it sees and they are the right BIOS files.

Edit: You might also want to bring up the Retroarch menu after starting and make sure that it correctly picked the right model (CD32). If not you might have to manually set and save a game or directory override so the right model and BIOS is being used.

Edited by Headrush69

• 10 months later...

Slightly off topic, but related - anyone using an overlay with CD32? 

Trying to set a default but RA doesnt seem to pick up Amiga CD32.cfg - anyone know what it needs naming?

Also tried Commodore Amiga CD32 / Amiga CD32 / CD32

Edited by vaderag

On 1/10/2023 at 7:38 AM, vaderag said:

Slightly off topic, but related - anyone using an overlay with CD32? 

Trying to set a default but RA doesnt seem to pick up Amiga CD32.cfg - anyone know what it needs naming?

Also tried Commodore Amiga CD32 / Amiga CD32 / CD32

I Just added a system overlay for this too. I'm not sure but I think I derived the name for the cfg from the folder name that the theme was using. In RA folder /Genesis Plus GX/ I have a "Sega CD 32X.cfg" file that looks like this. 

input_overlay = ":/overlays/Sega-CD.cfg"

input_overlay_opacity = "1.000000"

And in the /Overlays/ folder "Sega-CD.cfg" that looks like this. Plus the image.png

overlays = 1

overlay0_overlay = Sega-CD.png

overlay0_full_screen = true

overlay0_descs = 0

• Thanks 1