LaunchBox Community Forums

Reproach isn't working

chef castro

hello everyone so I have downloaded launchbox and retroarch place retroarch in my launchbox files and it won't load up. All my games have been downloaded with box art an all. So I open retroarch and there is no emulators inside of the program at all i need any help folks that would be much appreciated.

If this is a new install of Retroarch and you have never downloaded any cores (the Retroarch emulator pieces), you are out of luck for a few days. The Libretro/Retroarch servers were hacked a few days ago and the core update/download function is currently offline. Keep checking the Libretro web site for updates.

37 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

If this is a new install of Retroarch and you have never downloaded any cores (the Retroarch emulator pieces), you are out of luck for a few days. The Libretro/Retroarch servers were hacked a few days ago and the core update/download function is currently offline. Keep checking the Libretro web site for updates.

oh man thank you sir for all the help and i will keep checking 

8 minutes ago, chef castro said:

Update so retroarch is kinda up and running i downloaded some cords but when I click on a game it won't start up so any help would be great.

First things it to set up Retroarch and test your controls and make sure the games run inside RA first. This way we can easily tell if it is a LB issue or an RA issue.

Did you test your games directly inside Retroarch?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chef castro said:

So I loaded up a game in retroarch and it works but then when I launch a game in launchbox nothing?

In the edit emulator options in LB. Check your Retroarch setup and in the Associate Platforms tab make sure you have the name of the platform (It must match how the name appears in LB) and the correct core chosen for that platform.

3 minutes ago, chef castro said:

Thank you i check that and everything file and location is where it supposed to be and nothing i can still open retroarch and play games from inside but can't do it from launchbox 

What platform is it?

Post some pics.

1: Edit your Retroarch in LB and post pic of the Edit Emulator Screen showing A: The "Details" tab. B: The Associated Platforms Tab

2: Right click a game from the platform and choose edit. Show a pic of the "Launching" page and the "Emulation" page.

So I didnt have any games with that cord but I just updated it. I have try to start up a nintendo and super nintendo and nothing. So I looked in RA and the cords are downloaded.....i am so lost and sure it something simple that I am over looking im am very new to all of this and trying to learn as much as I can.

1 hour ago, chef castro said:

So I didnt have any games with that cord but I just updated it. I have try to start up a nintendo and super nintendo and nothing. So I looked in RA and the cords are downloaded.....i am so lost and sure it something simple that I am over looking im am very new to all of this and trying to learn as much as I can.

So what core did you originally test the games with inside Retroarch? DId you try selecting that core in LB?

This issue is what I mentioned. LB is not seeing the core you chose in the settings. Try selecting a different core and than changing back. Do you have more than one Retroarch folder and are maybe pointing to the wrong one?

No i dont and when i try to update it say already up to date then I go to LB and do what you just told me and it has done nothing but I have read on retroach that there still fixing issues on here so ill have to wait. Thank you so much for all your help it help me to better understand how the program works.

Hey just something that worked for me.. and maybe it can work for you too. Inside launchbox , when you are in the emulator settings, try to select the option " Extract ROM archives before running ".
i had this issue with my neogeo games , retroarch wont open inside the launchbox, so i removed the option that i told you. by the way my roms are zip.
Now is working fine.