LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box errors ever seance update 11.4

RedHoodRobin64

43 minutes ago, RedHoodRobin64 said:

Yup that is exactly what ive been talking about. Do you also get issues in launchbox where editing a game or veiwing options, the mouse makes icons vanish?

Yep I do launchbox and bigbox are both having issues and updated dot net core and framework to latest version (even though they were already) and it didnt fix it. Your not the only one several people are its clearly a bug with the new version. I'm hoping it gets fixed soon as it wasnt an issue until i updated so its clearly nothing i have done. 

Edited by Vhero

Deeply appreciated for the info. I found for now until fixed I'm not sure if your also having zoom in on videos with certain themes or the jitters with some like me, If you are, I recommend Using CriticalZoneV2 - Default and put the transition settings for the videos on quick fade (assuming you can see when the text will vanish on you). You will have to shuffle through views a few times but that's the only way I could get bigbox to not look like a horrible glitchy mess after 3 re installs. Its been a disaster. But for now I hope that helps and thank you again, has eased my mind some knowing others are also experiencing this (Not that I want others to have this much trouble but you get the idea)..

Also forgot to mention I was only able to make it look normal in that certain view having it on my c drive. So those of you also going through this, It wont fix everything but it makes it a little better. If it continues to do the exact same thing with that theme, you may have to uninstall and re install launchbox/bigbox

Ok, confirmed. Net framework, and core fully up to date. No result change. This is frustrating. I plugged the HD into a 10 year old pc and had no issues. I've also run this with my portable drive on at least 10 computers. I find it odd that it's doing this on the most current pc I've plugged it into... Also updated to LB v11.5 official with no change on that specific machine. 

Hi guys, just wanted to chime in here. First off, I'm sorry for the trouble with the video corruption. Unfortunately this particular issue is some kind of bug or incompatibility between .NET Core and certain video drivers. Out of curiosity, what video cards do you have?

This one is a tough one because it's either a Microsoft or a driver bug, and so there's very little we can do to try and fix the issue. We use Microsoft's WPF to render things in LaunchBox and Big Box, so unfortunately that means that if WPF has a bug, LaunchBox and Big Box will too. If I had to guess, though, this probably comes down to a bug with certain video drivers. I would first try updating your video drivers to the latest version available, and then making sure that you're 100% up to date on Windows updates. I would even try updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update if you haven't already:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If worse comes to worse and there isn't a fix available for your system yet, I would recommend staying on the 11.2 version until Microsoft and/or your video card manufacturer fixes the issue. Here's a link to download 11.2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg7fteljnwf0s9r/LaunchBox-11.2-Setup.exe?dl=0

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi guys, just wanted to chime in here. First off, I'm sorry for the trouble with the video corruption. Unfortunately this particular issue is some kind of bug or incompatibility between .NET Core and certain video drivers. Out of curiosity, what video cards do you have?

This one is a tough one because it's either a Microsoft or a driver bug, and so there's very little we can do to try and fix the issue. We use Microsoft's WPF to render things in LaunchBox and Big Box, so unfortunately that means that if WPF has a bug, LaunchBox and Big Box will too. If I had to guess, though, this probably comes down to a bug with certain video drivers. I would first try updating your video drivers to the latest version available, and then making sure that you're 100% up to date on Windows updates. I would even try updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update if you haven't already:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If worse comes to worse and there isn't a fix available for your system yet, I would recommend staying on the 11.2 version until Microsoft and/or your video card manufacturer fixes the issue. Here's a link to download 11.2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg7fteljnwf0s9r/LaunchBox-11.2-Setup.exe?dl=0

Im doing a full refresh of .net framework and updating windows aswell will update with findings. Thanks for link to 11.2 will go back to that if it doesnt work. I have an RTX 2070 Super. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedHoodRobin64 said:

Hi guys sucks to say but I have everything up to date. In my post of ever sence 11.4 I tried all of those things and nothing has changed. I have a intel i7 7700 and a gtx 1070. Thank you so much for that link to the old launchbox!!! I can happily report that everything is back to normal!!! 

What version of Windows 10 are you running?

54 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

What version of Windows 10 are you running?

I have Windows 10 Pro even rolling back to 11.2 is not fixing it for me now :(.I have reinstalled dot net framework fully and updated windows to latest version. Gonna reinstall GPU driver now.

Just now, Vhero said:

I have Windows 10 Pro even rolling back to 11.2 is not fixing it for me now :(.I have reinstalled dot net framework fully and updated windows to latest version. Gonna reinstall GPU driver now.

What specific version of Windows 10 Pro? You can type winver into the Start menu to get the details.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, yeah, that's all the way up to date. If 11.2 isn't working either, then something is unfortunately messed up on the machine. What exactly is happening with 11.2? The same video corruption stuff?

Yeah buttons vanishing when editing games and as per my image in my thread in big box. Outside of that its fine. Themes look and run fine. Its just editing on launchbox and bigbox options.  

1 minute ago, Vhero said:

Yeah buttons vanishing when editing games and as per my image in my thread in big box. Outside of that its fine. Themes look and run fine. Its just editing on launchbox and bigbox options.  

I see. Yeah, unfortunately something is corrupted on that machine, though it might be difficult to tell what. This looks to be a different issue than the Big Box video corruption issues.

Unfortunately troubleshooting it is likely to be a huge pain in the rear. I would suggest making sure that nothing else is running in the background (just in case that is the issue), then searching specifically for updated (or even downgraded) video drivers, just in case the version you have is glitched for some reason. Make sure you download the video drivers straight from nVidia.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

I see. Yeah, unfortunately something is corrupted on that machine, though it might be difficult to tell what. This looks to be a different issue than the Big Box video corruption issues.

Unfortunately troubleshooting it is likely to be a huge pain in the rear. I would suggest making sure that nothing else is running in the background (just in case that is the issue), then searching specifically for updated (or even downgraded) video drivers, just in case the version you have is glitched for some reason. Make sure you download the video drivers straight from nVidia.

Yeah i dunno what the issue is. Will leave for now it will probably fix itself its still perfectly useable for now. Planning on a new windows install soon anyway. 

• Like 1

I may have made a mistake when I said I updated. Still a newb from the woods with tech. So I downloaded the update for windows 10 but I never actually installed it. I got out of work late so tomorrow I will download a current build of launchbox and see what happens. Im going to be so mad at my self if that fixes everything but thank you all for your support. Vhero that sucks the old build didn't fix it. Hope your luck changes soon. Il let you guys know the results tomorrow to see what happens

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RedHoodRobin64 said:

So this time for real it is updated again. I donloaded launchbox 11.5 and ya the bugs are all back. From the zooming in videos to the flickering and to the text vanishing or looking very wrong.

We've been troubleshooting this in another thread, here:

@RedHoodRobin64, please see that thread and try the update to .NET Core 3.1.8.

I'm going to close this thread so that we can keep discussion in one place.

• Like 1