LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box errors ever seance update 11.4

RedHoodRobin64

I have never had this issue with big box before. none of the themes work correctly. launch box has no issues. In the settings section on big box the text font will either get bigger and look off or it will disappear completely. I even went as far as to delete all of launch box big box and re install. Still doing it. I don't see anyone else experiencing this. If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated. These errors keep showing up every time i use big box. Hopefully this helps. 

20200830_091744.jpg

20200830_091853.jpg

20200830_091919.jpg

Also forgot to mention im on windows 10. I also notice on launchbox that when editing images for games, the clear all images button and the other ones also disappear unless i highlight them with the mouse. Im not sure what is going on but i need help because as of right now i cant get any thing to work

I'm not sure if anyone is going to see or reply to this but i got a older build of launchbox and big box and it is also now doing the same thing. What ever is going on, it must have to do with what ever that file was needed to download in 11.4. This has been a disaster for me. As of right now i can boot up games but in terms of looks big box is completely bugged out. Even on defult settings the videos are zooming in way more then they should. If they are not doing that then they are flashing and having a hard time focused. Please help me fix this

So update on the situation. I tried the beta release of launchbox 11.5. This actually solved the biggest problem. My themes are actually working correctly. How ever the videos are still flashing and glitching. It also did not solve the issue with icons vanishing after highlighted. What ever that c plus thing was that was needed when downloading 11.4 really screwed up things for me. I hope this gets fixed soon. I am just happy I can scroll through bigbox

4 hours ago, RedHoodRobin64 said:

sorry for spam, one extra detail I forgot. Videos no longer play in launchbox even with the setting on. not sure why

Thank you for posting this. I am having very similar issues since 11.3. I posted some pictures in the 11.3 update thread. Received a response that it is most likely a video card driver issue or windows issue with the .net core. One person was able to fix it with updating their video card drivers but I have not had any luck. Hopefully with the next release it will fix this.

That popup window is because the theme you are using isn't able to find a file it is referencing. The 11.5 beta that is out has some corrections in it that should help more themes work correctly. I would try the beta update and see if that resolves your issues.

thank you all very much for the reply's. I am using the beta version and that made my theme usable and that's about it. I'm still having bugs and issues all over the place. Can I re download the c++ file that came from the update? I also did the suggested and updated my video drivers and windows 10. Still doing it. I recorded footage of it in action. my apologize for poor video and background noises 

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

That popup window is because the theme you are using isn't able to find a file it is referencing. The 11.5 beta that is out has some corrections in it that should help more themes work correctly. I would try the beta update and see if that resolves your issues.

That pop up window now only shows up on specific themes in a certain veiw. Before I tried the beta release it did not matter what theme or view. It was a complete mess. Thanks for your input

On 9/2/2020 at 6:16 PM, brgruett50 said:

Thank you for posting this. I am having very similar issues since 11.3. I posted some pictures in the 11.3 update thread. Received a response that it is most likely a video card driver issue or windows issue with the .net core. One person was able to fix it with updating their video card drivers but I have not had any luck. Hopefully with the next release it will fix this.

No problem. I usually find fixes with out posting but this one just has me completely stumped. Watch the videos I posted and see if you have similar issues. My drivers did need a update but no fixes were made. Thank you anyways tho

4 minutes ago, Mattardo said:

I'm getting similar error windows in Big Box ever since the latest updates. I have no clue either. I tried switching themes, and that didn't really help. I have no idea how to try a beta version.

Tools/Options/Updates, enable betas then restart Launchbox.

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Tools/Options/Updates, enable betas then restart Launchbox.

Ah, thank you.

It seems to have updated, though I had a window popup near the end of the update telling me something didn't install - that the user cancelled it, but I was out of the room when it happened (using remote connection), so I'm not sure what that meant. It may have had something to do with Direct X - I'm not positive, but there may have been another window behind it. Regardless, Launchbox restarted with the beta version, and I'm going to test Big Box in a moment after I fire up the theater room.

Edited by Mattardo
Forgot some info

With the beta update, it seems to have fixed the Big Box errors. Additionally, with the newest beta update from this morning it seems to be working as well.

I'm not sure of the issues the other poster is having - I haven't run into those issues yet, but I doubt I have exactly tried to replicate them either.

So a update to the current issues I have been having. I have once again uninstalled and reinstalled launchbox/bigbox but this time I have it on my C drive. Still have the exact same issues before except most of the time the videos now dont zoom in and dont flicker on default critical zone in certain views. I also got videos playing flawlessly in launchbox b4 uninstalling by going under options and changing a setting in there. after the update to 11.4 it toggled that off for some reason. Icons still disappear in launchbox when i hover over them with the mouse, big box also has the same issues with text dissapearing in the options when hovering over it. But i dont seem to get errors really any more. Just themes looking off or flickering. I really wish I never downloaded that c plus requirement when updating because thats when all this big nightmare happens. Please fix this soon, this is really driving me nuts but atleast i can use the defult theme now  

@RedHoodRobin64 this is exactly the same issue i'm having and another user heres his thread

mine 

11.4 has broken something and I have also updated to 11.5 hoping it would fix it but its not :(. I too am having same issue as you in launchbox with the buttons turning grey and themes just going crazy. Some are more stable than others.