LaunchBox Community Forums

Teknoparrot and Bigibox

Krakatoa

Does any one use Teknoparrot and Bigbox? If so can you share your settings as I am having an issue. Whenever I launch a Teknoparrot game for Bigbox, the game will launch and load, but just as the game starts the Teknoparrot Gui will spring back to the front requiring me to tab back to the game, breaking the whole immersion of using big box.

thanks,

3 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

Does any one use Teknoparrot and Bigbox? If so can you share your settings as I am having an issue. Whenever I launch a Teknoparrot game for Bigbox, the game will launch and load, but just as the game starts the Teknoparrot Gui will spring back to the front requiring me to tab back to the game, breaking the whole immersion of using big box.

thanks,

I thought this got figured out in the other thread when we looked at Dirty Drivin'? You were using --private= in the games command line option instead of --profile=?

What other games are you having issues with?

Emulator set up is below. Some guides tell you to put --profile= in the default command line parameter in the LB emulator set-up screen, but it is not needed since in each game edit screen in LB you put --profile and the games profile xaml. So no need to duplicate that command line.

Import the game either using the Teknoparrot game profile xml or a blank text document. Then in the edit screen of the game in the Emulation page enter the default command line --profile= with the game profile xaml. Such as --profile=Rambo.xaml

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 2.03.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-31 at 2.01.32 PM.png

33 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I thought this got figured out in the other thread when we looked at Dirty Drivin'? You were using --private= in the games command line option instead of --profile=?

What other games are you having issues with?

Emulator set up is below. Some guides tell you to put --profile= in the default command line parameter in the LB emulator set-up screen, but it is not needed since in each game edit screen in LB you put --profile and the games profile xaml. So no need to duplicate that command line.

Import the game either using the Teknoparrot game profile xml or a blank text document. Then in the edit screen of the game in the Emulation page enter the default command line --profile= with the game profile xaml. Such as --profile=Rambo.xaml

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 2.03.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-31 at 2.01.32 PM.png

No everything's launching fine in LB (it was the issue you mentioned), the issue occurs when I launch the same games in BB, for some reason techoparrotgui hijacks the screen when the games loaded. Which breaks the whole user experience of using controls only to play/load games.

Edited by Krakatoa

26 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

No everything's launching fine in LB (it was the issue you mentioned), the issue occurs when I launch the same games in BB, for some reason techoparrotgui hijacks the screen when the games loaded. Which breaks the whole user experience of using controls only to play/load games.

Well BB only uses the LB set-up. So not sure why BB would have a different result. All emulation is set up in LB. What do you mean hijacks the screen? So do the games actually load or does it just load up to the TP UI and no game?

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Well BB only uses the LB set-up. So not sure why BB would have a different result. All emulation is set up in LB. What do you mean hijacks the screen? So do the games actually load or does it just load up to the TP UI and no game?

The games load up, but just as they are about to start the teknoparroutgui comes to the front of the screen. If I alt+tab I can select the game screen and continue. Something must be different between BB and LB in my instance. Can you try launching a TP game in BB and see if it does it for you?

I know I do not see those screens. You can extend how long the Startup screen displays as well as hide any windows not in Exclusive Fullscreen. Not at the house right now, but I may have those set.

Edit the emulator in LB and in the Startup tab you will see a check box to hide windows not in exclusive fullscreen and a slider bar you can adjust for how long startup will be delayed.

39 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I know I do not see those screens. You can extend how long the Startup screen displays as well as hide any windows not in Exclusive Fullscreen. Not at the house right now, but I may have those set.

Edit the emulator in LB and in the Startup tab you will see a check box to hide windows not in exclusive fullscreen and a slider bar you can adjust for how long startup will be delayed.

Thanks, I will try that when I get home. 

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

"hide windows not in exclusive fullscreen" causes a black screen on loading.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2020 at 7:59 AM, Krakatoa said:

Initially I had the startup screen to 20 seconds. Changing it down to 5 fixed the issue. It’s just now I have to watch the crappy parrot loader instead of the nice loading screen.so I guess I can live with it ?

Thanks a lot for that info! I was having the same issue, and the loading screens now work when I reduced it to less than 5 seconds.

3 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Thanks a lot for that info! I was having the same issue, and the loading screens now work when I reduced it to less than 5 seconds.

I can set the startup screens "Startup Load Delay" to higher then 5 seconds. Ticking "Hide All Windows that are not in Exclusive Fullscreen Mode" depends on the game. But I guess that has got to do somithing with the fact I'm using TeknoParrots "--startMinimized" command-line parameter. That way TeknoParrotGUI starts minimized and doesn't interfere with startup screens.

21 hours ago, Koroth said:

I can set the startup screens "Startup Load Delay" to higher then 5 seconds. Ticking "Hide All Windows that are not in Exclusive Fullscreen Mode" depends on the game. But I guess that has got to do somithing with the fact I'm using TeknoParrots "--startMinimized" command-line parameter. That way TeknoParrotGUI starts minimized and doesn't interfere with startup screens.

Thanks for the tip I will try that tonight.