LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box with gamestream shows black screen after 1 successful launch

AdamvsMaximvs

Realizing this isn't a support forum for the shield, but I think I might be running into issues more on the LB/BB end, so I'm starting here.

I have a PC with Launchbox setup. Everything works great on the PC, no issues. I also have a Shield TV Pro with Bigbox added to my gamestream via GeForce experience. It seems after a reboot, or the first time using it, Bigbox runs fine to the TV via either Gamestream or Moonlight. I can exit bigbox and return to the shield, but it seems every time I try to run Big Box again I get a black screen with no video. It's running and I can hear the audio, but the video doesn't send over. If by going 'back' once and then up and 'confirm' I can exit big box and it will show my desktop.

Big box also seems to be the only program I have this problem with. For example Deus Ex HR or Tales of Zestiria seem to let me open and close it as many times as I'd like with no issues. Big box only seems to work once per PC reboot fine.

Anyone run into this and have any tips or suggestions? Display res of the TV is 4K, the PC's main monitor is 3440x1440. I'll try switching to Ethernet this week and see if it helps, but anyone who's run into this and has any tips, it'd be greatly appreciated. 

I am also running into this issue on a few games. Windows games only. Black screen w/audio using Moonlight. As soon as I vnc into the host pc BigBox shows 'Game Over' like I exited the game. Once BB gets past that and is back on the menu the streaming video shows up in Moonlight and the game is playable.

Edited by leothelyon17

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue. Is only on Pc Games. You must use Tab and alt for go to the screen of the Game. It looks like that bigbox generat this blackscreen. The Game is on a other screen that you chan select with this methode. But in futur will be nicer if has not this blackscreen window.

32 minutes ago, *D1sk* said:

It looks like that bigbox generat this blackscreen. The Game is on a other screen that you chan select with this methode. But in futur will be nicer if has not this blackscreen window.

I don't know if it is a problem specific to a game streaming service or not. If so, I can't help you. But do you have startup screens enabled for your PC games? If so, try if disabling startup screens fixes this black screen by right clicking on your game > Edit > Startup/Pause, tick "Override Default Startup Screen Settings" >  click "Customize" > Untick "Enable Game Startup Screen".

Yes the black screen is part of startup/pause screens, as there needs to be something there that we can switch to from the games/emulators. Streaming complicates matters hugely, and was not something we designed for, so your mileage may vary, but essentially you are using a unsupported feature at this point.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, Koroth said:

I don't know if it is a problem specific to a game streaming service or not. If so, I can't help you. But do you have startup screens enabled for your PC games? If so, try if disabling startup screens fixes this black screen by right clicking on your game > Edit > Startup/Pause, tick "Override Default Startup Screen Settings" >  click "Customize" > Untick "Enable Game Startup Screen".

Thanks that has work :)

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2021 at 7:01 AM, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

But do you have startup screens enabled for your PC games? If so, try if disabling startup screens fixes this black screen by right clicking on your game > Edit > Startup/Pause, tick "Override Default Startup Screen Settings" >  click "Customize" > Untick "Enable Game Startup Screen".

Thank you for this tip! I recently started running some bezel overlays and shaders in RetroArch that take a long time to load and I was getting the "Game Over" screen before the game loads (which it does). My solution was to ctrl+a all the games in the platform, ctrl+e to bulk edit and then I enabled Startup Screen - Override Default Settings, enabled Startup Screen - Enabled, and set Startup Screen - Load Delay = 10 seconds. This now gives RA time to load the shader, bezel, and game without thinking the game has finished and the Game Over screen still functions as expected when closing a game!

Edited by Knowcontrol