LaunchBox Community Forums

Daphne/Singe ALG problem

DeadVoivod

I managed to add my Daphne games perfectly, imported them with the .txt file and run them through a Daphne.bat file:

daphne.exe %1 vldp -fullscreen -x 1152 -y 864 -framefile "..\..\Emulators\Daphne\vldp\%1\%1.txt"

Works like a charm.

I have this set with ALG, Arcade and Action Max games and they work all absolutely fine running them through their batch file. I also know that it cannot work that way through LB, so I made some testing.

Running them with the batch doesn't work, running them with their test file doesn't work. So like people mentioned, I used a generated batch file from DaphneLoader configuration and put this:

@daphne.exe singe vldp -x 800 -y 600 -fullscreen_window -noserversend -framefile singe/ALG/crimepatrol/crimepatrol.txt -script singe/ALG/crimepatrol/crimepatrol.singe

Doesn't work. Always getting the same message that everybody gets. I don't know how to do it, and also how I will do it with the other games that actually work, as they are using the Daphne.bat file to run, and not the Daphne.exe, because if both would use different, how would I configure Daphne in LB to run in 2 different ways? 
Probably I could run them even through LB, if LB would allow me to run them WITHOUT using any emulator.

I tried a separate folder with Daphne Singe but with the exact same results, thus copying everything over into one global Daphne folder. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by DeadVoivod

On 9/23/2020 at 7:19 PM, DeadVoivod said:

I managed to add my Daphne games perfectly, imported them with the .txt file and run them through a Daphne.bat file:

daphne.exe %1 vldp -fullscreen -x 1152 -y 864 -framefile "..\..\Emulators\Daphne\vldp\%1\%1.txt"

Works like a charm.

I have this set with ALG, Arcade and Action Max games and they work all absolutely fine running them through their batch file. I also know that it cannot work that way through LB, so I made some testing.

Running them with the batch doesn't work, running them with their test file doesn't work. So like people mentioned, I used a generated batch file from DaphneLoader configuration and put this:

@daphne.exe singe vldp -x 800 -y 600 -fullscreen_window -noserversend -framefile singe/ALG/crimepatrol/crimepatrol.txt -script singe/ALG/crimepatrol/crimepatrol.singe

Doesn't work. Always getting the same message that everybody gets. I don't know how to do it, and also how I will do it with the other games that actually work, as they are using the Daphne.bat file to run, and not the Daphne.exe, because if both would use different, how would I configure Daphne in LB to run in 2 different ways? 
Probably I could run them even through LB, if LB would allow me to run them WITHOUT using any emulator.

I tried a separate folder with Daphne Singe but with the exact same results, thus copying everything over into one global Daphne folder. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I am running ALG games in LB through .bat file without issue. Although my .bat file contains different command text. Admittedly I do not play these games so it has been at least a couple years since this was set up (the dated added was in 2017) and I do not remember how I came across getting it set this way. Just figured I would share.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 8.39.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 8.39.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 8.41.38 PM.png

7 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I am running ALG games in LB through .bat file without issue. Although my .bat file contains different command text. Admittedly I do not play these games so it has been at least a couple years since this was set up (the dated added was in 2017) and I do not remember how I came across getting it set this way. Just figured I would share.

This is exactly how it works, thanks. Because like I mentioned I was searching for an option to run the games WITHOUT an emulator, as it doesn't need to be configured. But I didn't know where to find that option, and like you posted, it can be found inside the game edit, which I didn't know.

The only problem I have now is that the cmd window stays on top of the game, as you don't have the "attempt to hide..." option. So i use the start ""  command inside my batch file like this:

start "" ..\..\daphne.exe singe vldp -x 1152 -y 864 -fullscreen -noserversend -framefile ../singe/ALG/crimepatrol/crimepatrol.txt -script singe/alg/crimepatrol/crimepatrol.singe which works fine. 

Or is there a more proper way around? 

Btw, the -x 1152 -y 864 option gives me full screen, meaning in 4:3 of course. 

9 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

This is exactly how it works, thanks. Because like I mentioned I was searching for an option to run the games WITHOUT an emulator, as it doesn't need to be configured. But I didn't know where to find that option, and like you posted, it can be found inside the game edit, which I didn't know.

When you edit the game details, under emulation if you uncheck use an emulator to play this game, it should directly launch whatever you have set in the launching option. (In your case a bat file)

I use Rocketlauncher now as well, but previously I used a batch file, but a generic one so every game didn't need a custom bat file. I keep my Daphne and Singe games in different folders.

Obviously the paths have to match your locations and framefiles must be correct.

@echo off

if "%1"=="ace" set bank= -bank 0 00000011 -bank 1 00110001& goto :start
if "%1"=="astron" set bank= -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 00000000& goto :start
if "%1"=="badlands" set bank= -bank 0 00000010 -bank 1 10000011& goto :start
if "%1"=="bega" set bank= -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 00000111& goto :start
if "%1"=="cliff" set bank= -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 01000000 -bank 2 00000000 -bank 3 01111011& goto :start
if "%1"=="cobraab" set bank= -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 01001000& goto :start
if "%1"=="esh" set bank=& goto :start
if "%1"=="galaxy" set bank= -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 00000000& goto :start
if "%1"=="gpworld" set bank=& goto :start
if "%1"=="interstellar" set bank= -bank 0 00110001 -bank 1 00000000& goto :start
if "%1"=="lair" set bank= -bank 0 11011001 -bank 1 00100111& goto :start
if "%1"=="lair2" set bank=& goto :start
if "%1"=="mach3" set bank= -bank 0 01000100& goto :start
if "%1"=="roadblaster" set bank= -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 00000001& goto :start
if "%1"=="sdq" set bank= -bank 0 00100001 -bank 1 00000000& goto :start
if "%1"=="tq" set bank=& goto :start
if "%1"=="uvt" set bank= -bank 0 00000000& goto :start
if "%1"=="firefox" set bank= -bank 0 00000000& goto :start

if "%1"=="maddog" set "singefile=maddog_cdrom.singe" & goto :startsinge
if "%1"=="maddog2" set "singefile=cdrom-maddog2.singe" & goto :startsinge
if "%1"=="crimepatrol" set "singefile=cdrom-crimepatrol.singe" & goto :startsinge
if "%1"=="drugwars" set "singefile=cdrom-drugwars.singe" & goto :startsinge
if "%1"=="timetraveler-v2" set "singefile=dvd-timetraveler.singe" & goto :startsinge
if "%1"=="timetraveler-v23d" set "singefile=dvd-timetraveler.singe" & goto :startsinge
if "%1"=="lbh" set "singefile=cdrom-lbh.singe" & goto :startsinge
if "%1"=="johnnyrock" set "singefile=cdrom-johnny.singe" & goto :startsinge

exit /b

:start
daphne.exe %1 vldp -framefile E:\Daphne\framefile\%1.txt -blend  -useoverlaysb 1 -blank_searches -precache -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir . -fastboot%bank% -nocrc -noissues -noserversend -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen_window -x 1440 -y 1080
exit /b

:startsinge
cd daphne_singe
daphne.exe singe vldp -x 1980 -y 1080 -fullscreen_window -noserversend -useoverlaysb 1 -framefile E:\Singe\singe\%1\%1.txt -script singe/%1/%singefile%
exit /b