LaunchBox Community Forums

Some Platform Clear Logos Won't Change / Change Back

CyberOcelot

I've been using Silver Ring logos as my clear logos for platforms. 

This should be simple enough, but I must be doing something wrong. 

In LB, I change the Clear Logo to the Silver Ring version I downloaded here. When I go into BB and scroll through the platforms, the old clear logo appears instead. When this occurs, I delete the old clear logo from the cache, and that fixes it. Except, for the last three platforms, that didn't work. The old clear logo versions keep coming back, even when they're deleted from the cache folder and the clear logo folder. 

What gives?

Edited by CyberOcelot
typos

I had some issue with clear logo, because I am totally noob. But I resolved and now I can see them.

The perfect way I think is:

put them in the right DIR and rename them as your platform. 

Check in LB the dir path and they have to appear in the edit windows, in Images, like "Clear Logo" (with Right mouse button - Image Type - you can assign a different categories)

then, if that is all correct, in BB you have to refresh clear logos

Keep in mind that you can assign different Clear Logo in platform, platform category, playlist, so check the real one that you are changing. I have done a playlist called Commodore 64. It takes my clear logo of Commodore 64 platform. But if I insert in the right DIR (playlist) another Clear Logo, it override the first one. So I use 2 different Clear Logo for Commodore 64

I hope it can help

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 6:49 AM, Retro808 said:

I have had this happen. I think Jason put a fix in the new betas that might help. I have not had this happen in the betas. 

What theme are you using?

This is still an issue for me. Using Colorful Theme.

I am avoiding Beta versions since I'm new to Launchbox and emulation as a whole. Is this still something only resolved in the Beta despite the recent update?

What's strange is that it still pulls a non-existent file back into the BB-cache folder. Under "Clear Logo", I only have the silver ring logo. I go in and delete the old logo from the BB-Cache folder. I even empty the Recycle Bin and restart the machine for good measure. Then I start up Big Box, and I watch the files reappear in the BB-Cache folder. 

Is it pulling Clear Logos from somewhere else maybe? 

5 hours ago, CyberOcelot said:

This is still an issue for me. Using Colorful Theme.

I am avoiding Beta versions since I'm new to Launchbox and emulation as a whole. Is this still something only resolved in the Beta despite the recent update?

What's strange is that it still pulls a non-existent file back into the BB-cache folder. Under "Clear Logo", I only have the silver ring logo. I go in and delete the old logo from the BB-Cache folder. I even empty the Recycle Bin and restart the machine for good measure. Then I start up Big Box, and I watch the files reappear in the BB-Cache folder. 

Is it pulling Clear Logos from somewhere else maybe? 

I have found that it looks for logos in either the default theme logo folder, the themes own logo folder or the main images/platforms folder.

Just check all 3 and see which one it's looking at, as this is probably your issue (as I have found on every theme I have tried)

On 12/1/2020 at 5:50 AM, zugswang said:

I have found that it looks for logos in either the default theme logo folder, the themes own logo folder or the main images/platforms folder.

Just check all 3 and see which one it's looking at, as this is probably your issue (as I have found on every theme I have tried)

That was it! THANK YOU! ❤️