LaunchBox Community Forums

Update manually with expired license

Cyberdemon87

Hello everyone!

I'm kinda confused with what's going on with the updates and expired licenses.

I was able to update to the latest version (11.8) manually just fine,

I cannot update through Launchbox directly when it checks for new versions and it says my license is expired, but by downloading it manually everything is installing and working.

So, am I missing something here?
I was thinking, what's the point of having an active license if there's this simple workaround.

Both Launchbox and BigBox seem to be running fine for the time being.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Cyberdemon87 said:

Hello everyone!

I'm kinda confused with what's going on with the updates and expired licenses.

I was able to update to the latest version (11.8) manually just fine,

I cannot update through Launchbox directly when it checks for new versions and it says my license is expired, but by downloading it manually everything is installing and working.

So, am I missing something here?
I was thinking, what's the point of having an active license if there's this simple workaround.

Both Launchbox and BigBox seem to be running fine for the time being.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

When in 11.8 does your license name show in the top right or bottom right of LB? LB checks the license on boot so it would not matter if you download in the UI or from the website.

3 hours ago, Cyberdemon87 said:

My license expired exactly a year ago. I'm running the latest version, 11.8 which I downloaded yesterday from the site.

I'll have to look at the details on the license to figure out what's going on exactly. I can't find your license in our database, probably because you're using a different email. Can you PM me what email you're using? And the name on the license?