LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame wii light gun

Greatestdadever2

I was able to get a wii remote to work through the mayflash dolphin sensor bar to use it as a light gun.  Wii games work great.  Mame games also work on the mame emulator.  The only limitation I have found is the mayflash sensor bar only supports one wii remote in mouse mode.  When I am in the wii mode (button four) it will support my two wii remotes fine and I can play my wii games with both remotes.  However I have only been able to get the mame shooting games to work when I use the wii in mouse mode on the mayflash sensor bar. There is another mode (button 3 on the mayflash) but it does not seem to work as a mouse in the mame light gun games. Simplest fix due to a lack of computer skills is to buy another mayflash to support my other wii remote. That way when I can play light gun games with two guns simultaneously          Am I on the right track here?  I am sure their is probably a more sophisticated way to make this work but I have many hours into getting one gun set up and I think buying another mayflash and adding a second remote will take less than an hour.   

• Like 1

I am sure this is an easy fix.  I set up a wii mote to play light gun games on mame emulated games.  Works great. I configured the setting a and set my co fog file to read only to prevent rewriting. My only trouble is when I launch it through big box the gun is not working.  When I close out and open launchbox it does not work the first time but if I close and reopen the game it all of a sudden works.  Does it just take time for the computer to recognize the light gun through the dolphin mayflash bar?   It eventually works but I just have to open and. Lose the mame game two times.  I will play with it and delay a little before loading a game and see if there is just a lag in the computer recognizing the light gun is attached. 

@Greatestdadever2 I am merging your threads. You keep posting questions related to the same issue in several threads and even started two threads of the same issue. We are not overtly strict on our forum, but we do try to limit the same thing being posted in several threads and starting multiple threads for the same issue. So please limit this with your posts.

Get a 2nd mayflash.   touchmote is to difficult to get to work consistently in mame , if anyone comments touchmote is the way to go ignore them, they dont understand what you are trying to do.  

Get a 2nd mayflash,   Snyc up 2 wii motes, set up your games and you wont have to redo your set up.  I have been using this set up for the last 3 years.  Hide your 2nd mayflash bar so the 2nd wiimote uses the 1st bar for tracking movement.   If you have 2 mayflash bars inview of the wiimotes it will be screwy, good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I could use some help. I just installed a Dolphinbar and it works perfectly well on mode 4 for Wii emulation, but I really wanted it for MAME lightgun emulation. I tried setting MAME (I'm using 0.184 through Launchbox) to use the mouse as a lightgun and then set the Dolphinbar to mode 2, mouse mode, but the in-game controls don't recognize the Wiimote. It works as a general mouse in Windows and within the Mame settings menu, but not in-game. In Area 51 for instance I'll try configuring the specific machine but when I try moving the Wiimote around to register X or Y axis, nothing registers. Any advice would be awesome!

On 1/27/2021 at 7:24 PM, Greatestdadever2 said:

I use mode one on the dolphin bar in MAME and it works. I was not able to get it to work in mode two for MAME. 

Thank you for the response. Luckily I was able to get the Dolphin/Wiimote setup to work in MAME, but I had to follow the basic .ini instructions from this Aimtrak manual:  https://www.ultimarc.com/AimTrak Setup Guide.pdf

once I followed those instructions for MAME configuration it finally recognized my controller as an in-game cursor using mode 2. 

53 minutes ago, mallaard said:

Thank you for the response. Luckily I was able to get the Dolphin/Wiimote setup to work in MAME, but I had to follow the basic .ini instructions from this Aimtrak manual:  https://www.ultimarc.com/AimTrak Setup Guide.pdf

once I followed those instructions for MAME configuration it finally recognized my controller as an in-game cursor using mode 2. 

I can confirm this works in Mode 2 with what mallard said

but not for 2 wiimotes, just one