LaunchBox Community Forums

Option for favorited games to retain alphabetical spot?

usuallee76

Hello all, happy 2021! I have a question/request that I couldn't find discussed anywhere else just now. Right now it seems that when you favorite a game, it is taken out of its normal alphabetical spot in the platform listing. That behavior is not particularly convenient, when you are looking for a specific game by name, and can't find it. You are expected to remember that you've favorited a game and look for it there, which for me is a 50/50 proposition at best. As all of us know, the favorited games appear at the beginning of the alphabet before the letter A. I confess, sometimes I get tripped up where I know a game should be here and it isn't and I'm thinking WTF, did I like erase it or something? Then I finally remember to check favorites.

I realize you can just perform a search but "typing" with a controller can be laborious, and generally I just prefer to go in and find a specific game alphabetically.

I'm just wondering if there is a feature somewhere, or perhaps I can request it, where your favorited games appear at the front per usual - but also stay in their normal spot alphabetically? Any thoughts/comments from the group? Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, usuallee76 said:

Hello all, happy 2021! I have a question/request that I couldn't find discussed anywhere else just now. Right now it seems that when you favorite a game, it is taken out of its normal alphabetical spot in the platform listing. That behavior is not particularly convenient, when you are looking for a specific game by name, and can't find it. You are expected to remember that you've favorited a game and look for it there, which for me is a 50/50 proposition at best. As all of us know, the favorited games appear at the beginning of the alphabet before the letter A. I confess, sometimes I get tripped up where I know a game should be here and it isn't and I'm thinking WTF, did I like erase it or something? Then I finally remember to check favorites.

I realize you can just perform a search but "typing" with a controller can be laborious, and generally I just prefer to go in and find a specific game alphabetically.

I'm just wondering if there is a feature somewhere, or perhaps I can request it, where your favorited games appear at the front per usual - but also stay in their normal spot alphabetically? Any thoughts/comments from the group? Thanks

I'm not at my PC right now, but I thought that there was a option for this in Bigbox, it just needs unchecking.

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes, there is that option in the Bigbox options under Views I believe, "show favorites at the beginning" or thereabouts. If toggled off, the games appear in their normal alphabetical position. But then you lose the list of favorites at the front. I'd like to have both. Since they're my favorite games, I wouldn't mind the redundancy, and in fact would welcome it. Cheers

• 9 months later...

Hi just thought I'd bump this to see if anyone knows how to do this, or would be interested, to where we could request it. Again, I just want favorited games in Big Box to appear at the front of the list, but also to remain in their alphabetized positions (so there'd be two entries of favorites games within the platform). Anyone?

2 minutes ago, usuallee76 said:

Hi just thought I'd bump this to see if anyone knows how to do this, or would be interested, to where we could request it. Again, I just want favorited games in Big Box to appear at the front of the list, but also to remain in their alphabetized positions (so there'd be two entries of favorites games within the platform). Anyone?

There is no current way to do it.

I would suggest making a feature request using the link located at the top of the forum under "Help & Support"

1. Make sure to search to see if a request already exists.

2. If not, make a new one and be sure to vote for your own ticket.

3. Link that bitbucket request in this thread to help drive other users that may desire the feature to vote on the ticket.