LaunchBox Community Forums

Error when importing with MAME Arcade Full Set Wizard

Kiinkyfoxx

Another option would be to install a clean version of MAME, then add that clean version as a new emulator in LB and point to that when importing. Then after the ROMs are imported change the Arcade platform default emulator to the one you are using now and it will update the games to use it. Not ideal, but I don't know what it takes to disable the devreorder and how that burden compares.

Okay I will disabling Devreorder a try and report back. 

Might not be for a couple of days with Easter and such. 

Thank you to everyone on the thread for all your help and hope you all have a great weekend. 

Edit 

I have already tried clean installs of Launchbox and Mame but because devreorder is system wide it didn't work. 

At least I have an idea now and something to work with

And devreorder shouldn't be too hard to disable

Edited by Kiinkyfoxx
  • Like 1

Cant you just use a fresh install of mame elsewhere for the import, one that has simply been unzipped and not been opened, so with with no changes, then switch to your mame with the edit after the import?

Edit, 

lol posted the same time as @C-Beats posted the same solution.

Edited by neil9000

Managed to get some spare time this evening and having disabled Devreorder (just requires renaming of 5 files) and tried the import I am very happy to say that it worked as expected, and can then rename the same 5 files back again and Devreorder works again.

Thank you so much for all your help as I wouldn't have known what the problem was without the xml file.

Works with the executable called mame.exe as expected. So this was purely caused by user error rather than anything LaunchBox based.

Thank you all for your time and effort, especially as the problem was only effecting one user rather than a large percentage of the user base.

Keep up the amazing work.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Appears I may have been lying.....seems it was only 4 files in fact

Just undo Devreorder in System32 and SysWOW64 folders

So rename the dinput8.dll to dinput8dev.dll in both folders, and then rename dinput8org.dll to dinput8.dll again in both folders

Now no Devreorder, if you want to "reinstall" it then undo the name changes on the above files so it is all back to how it was

Being the lazy person I am I have set up a rough and ready ahk to do it, which I am happy to share if you would like - but as with anything like that - I will state it works for me but comes with no promises to work for others