LaunchBox Community Forums

New WallView Grid Games Behavior 11.10

Updated my post above again. Somehow I have a habit of updating it right as you post a reply haha!

Copy pasting here, with a screenshot:

Is this right? <Border Height="215" Width="460" BorderThickness="30">

Using that, the sizing is uniform, but it seems to mess up the zoom/spacing so every image is far apart again. May have to re-tweak the other settings to fit it.

image.thumb.png.17056e90b1fdf7cbdfa5c6b38a6b05ca.png

-----------------------

Edit: Ok I am playing with the other values and it turns out I can fit more columns this way. So the idea being that adding the height/width to the border allows me to increase or reduce the size, so I can fit more or less on screen at a time. Very cool. I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Edited by fawkesyeah

It may also depend on how you are displaying the FlowImage, but testing with the default theme BorderThickness in the coverFlow:FlowContext should change that. I just made an edit there on a copy of the default theme and it made the border thinner.

<coverFlow:FlowContext>
      <Border BorderThickness="10" Width="1280" Height="960">

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 2.59.03 PM.png

I've tried changing the BorderThickness value, and while it does change the thickness of that box's border, it does not reduce it's width. It also causes all neighboring games to scrunch together. See below:

BorderThickness: 20

image.thumb.png.ea35b91c45116032947b7209c72ad0c6.png

BorderThickness: 15

image.thumb.png.33ad073d2e8f20ef149a83a81c164612.png

BorderThickness: 30

image.thumb.png.80c00e440d0101ac9f0cfc4a8f823b39.png

What I want is BorderThickness 20 but with the red box width itself to just be reduced, so it fits the size of the steam banner image. The height already does fit fine, no matter what I set.

Edited by fawkesyeah

6 minutes ago, fawkesyeah said:

I've tried changing the BorderThickness value, and while it does change the thickness of that box's border, it does not reduce it's width. It also causes all neighboring games to scrunch together. See below:

BorderThickness: 20

image.thumb.png.ea35b91c45116032947b7209c72ad0c6.png

BorderThickness: 15

image.thumb.png.33ad073d2e8f20ef149a83a81c164612.png

BorderThickness: 30

image.thumb.png.80c00e440d0101ac9f0cfc4a8f823b39.png

What I want is BorderThickness 20 but with the red box width itself to just be reduced, so it fits the size of the steam banner image. The height already does fit fine, no matter what I set.

You have to change how you are doing your box items. Instead of doing a Border with a Flow Image in it, you need to do a Grid with a FlowImage and a Border in it (both as a child of the grid). Similar to how @faeran does his wall view 1 in his POC theme.

• Like 1

hey @C-Beats

Just wanted to give a little update. It might be a moot point as you stated you have already fixed this in development as we speak, but thought I'd just update my findings just in case. I originally stated:

"... if the Total amount of Games in the WallView is equal to 6, 7, 8 or 9 Games when placing the selector on that 2nd row the whole 2 rows jump down together."

I have now found that this also includes 15 Games. I included 2 videos below showing a grid with 14 games (no jumps) and one with 15 games (jumps).

Thanks

Edited by nicolasonline

2 hours ago, nicolasonline said:

hey @C-Beats

Just wanted to give a little update. It might be a moot point as you stated you have already fixed this in development as we speak, but thought I'd just update my findings just in case. I originally stated:

"... if the Total amount of Games in the WallView is equal to 6, 7, 8 or 9 Games when placing the selector on that 2nd row the whole 2 rows jump down together."

I have now found that this also includes 15 Games. I included 2 videos below showing a grid with 14 games (no jumps) and one with 15 games (jumps).

Thanks

1.mov 42.63 MB · 0 downloads 2.mov 36.08 MB · 0 downloads

Yeah that should be corrected already. Had to do with all the fun little maths we use to position items. We should be releasing a correction beta relatively soon so be on the look out. I'll do my best to remind you so you can verify the issue is resolved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah that should be corrected already. Had to do with all the fun little maths we use to position items. We should be releasing a correction beta relatively soon so be on the look out. I'll do my best to remind you so you can verify the issue is resolved.

Awesome. will do. I tried to solve for the maths to guess what actually went wrong behind the scenes for fun. After getting into prime numbers and stuff I gave up