LaunchBox Community Forums

Mayflash Dolphinbar works in Dolphin, but not when launching Dolphin via Launchbox

drw4013

I am using a Mayflash Dolphinbar a 4 real Wiimotes.  This works perfectly when launching games directly through the Dolphin emulator.  However, when I launch the Dolphin emulator through LaunchBox or BigBox, the Wiimotes do not work (which makes no sense to me since LB/BB is just launching the same exact emulator).  I am using Mode 4 on the DolphinBar, which should be the correct mode to use actual Wiimotes.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this?  Is there something in LB/BB that would override or prevent the Wiimotes form working?

Edited by drw4013

21 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Do the Wiimotes "re-sync" when launching from LB?

What is your command line options that you start Dolphin with from LB?

I had this working on previous install, so it has to be something small tripping me up.

WiiMotes sync exactly the same way through LB/BB as when launching Dolphin standalone: wiimote vibrates, wiimote light 1 (or 2-4 for multiple) lights up, dolphinbar shows mode 4 light and sync light.  The only difference is that button presses are unresponsive when launching through LB/BB.

Command Line options for launching Dolphin: -b -e (this worked on a previous install).

I checked both Dolphin and Launchbox to make sure neither were using Admin privileges because I've read that can cause issues.

18 hours ago, drw4013 said:

I had this working on previous install, so it has to be something small tripping me up.

WiiMotes sync exactly the same way through LB/BB as when launching Dolphin standalone: wiimote vibrates, wiimote light 1 (or 2-4 for multiple) lights up, dolphinbar shows mode 4 light and sync light.  The only difference is that button presses are unresponsive when launching through LB/BB.

Command Line options for launching Dolphin: -b -e (this worked on a previous install).

I checked both Dolphin and Launchbox to make sure neither were using Admin privileges because I've read that can cause issues.

It's a Dolphin issue.

Emulator Issues #12453: When Dolphin-emu is started from the command-line Dolphin bar and connected wiimote(s) are not working, Running from the Dolphin GUI works - Emulator - Dolphin Issue tracker (dolphin-emu.org)

• Thanks 1