LaunchBox Community Forums

Difference between Banner and Arcade - Marquee image folders?

Johnny T

I have a separate stretched LCD screen as a 'marquee' on my cab.

I've noticed there are two image folders in each Platform called "Banner" and "Arcade - Marquee". From my testing it seems that "Arcade - Marquee" is the folder that holds images that will be put on my marquee screen.

I just wondered what the 'banner' folder was for? Is it used for marquee images for non-arcade platforms for instance? Or something else?

Banner is for any system that can have images that shape that are not a arcade system, Steam is a good example of this as it uses steam banners, but there are banners for most systems on our database/forums created by other people. 

@Mr. RetroLust should of promoted his own file, it can be used to create your own banners with the community theme creator.

Marquee Generator template for Community Theme Creator - Game Marquee Images - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Banner is for any system that can have images that shape that are not a arcade system, Steam is a good example of this as it uses steam banners, but there are banners for most systems on our database/forums created by other people. 

@Mr. RetroLust should of promoted his own file, it can be used to create your own banners with the community theme creator.

Marquee Generator template for Community Theme Creator - Game Marquee Images - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

That looks REALLY good!! Thanks for the link Neil. I'm actually planning on getting my head around the Theme Creator soon so this will come in very handy. Thanks for creating this @Mr. RetroLust :)

• Game On 1