LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox(11.11) won't download Emumovies media assets with mame fullset import option.

Jaywalker

Hello!

I wonder anyone has same problem like me. I've reinstalled launchbox a lot, but I got same results.

The weird thing is when I click more info on single rom and then try to download medias (images and videos with emumovies only. unchecked all launchbox db media option), the launchbox download medias form emumovies correctly.

Edited by Jaywalker
add video clip to show about the bug.

I also have not been able to download media from emumovies through launchbox when importing rom sets since the update.

update: so i imported a sega master system rom set and it pulled media from emumovies like it should but it still won't work for anything else. Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by IronZoltan
additional information

Yes I have this same problem, seemed to be working fine prior to the update but it does not seem to be scraping properly on MAME and had same issue with another console. I am not sure what the issue is since i lost all of my files due to a corrupt external hard drive and didnt back it up in time :( I lost my files due to allowing all of my games to migrate into a single launchbox games folder which was corrupt and not readable (Bad luck with External hard drives). What i did differently was use ROM files in the current location rather than move them to a single folder to avoid the headache of this happening again but this issue started to appear since i refused to move my ROMS from current location and now it is not scraping Metadata properly. I dont know if maybe the issue is its pointing to the wrong file directory when scraping, unable to create the directory makes it unrecognizable and skips completely past it. All other consoles except for 2(MAME and Sega Master or Genesis forgot which one) scraped properly using files in current location.

You should double check that your emuMovies login is working at their site. They reset all their passwords a few weeks back for all users.  So if you haven't gone to their site to update your password recently then LB will not be able to download. 

Even without Emumovies the launchbox database is scraping the same way, It indicates that it is searching and removing duplicates but doesn't download and replace the metadata, it appears to just be removing the files with no attempts to retrieve the database as if its not actually connecting to the server in order to retrieve the Metadata to start downloading. I have checked to see that no files are found under images or video, However manually adding the files to these existing locations works so it is pointing the right directory needed to attach the metadata.

I would assume given what consoles you listed is that you aren't using the Platform with the same name that is in the Database and don't have your "Scrape As" properly set. We don't look at the ROM file at all during metadata/media scraping and so it's location has no effect on that process.

Regarding the sega console (Sega Master) i was able to get it to scrape properly by ignoring LB database, I dont know why that seemed to work maybe a weird conflict as Emumovies scrapes that Launchbox simultaneously searches seeing it as a duplicate and removing it. As for the Arcade this is still an issue, I made sure MAME scrapped as Arcade and that the folders are named accordingly under the consoles default directory to attach metadata properly, but the issue still exists. I opened up the platforms XML file and found that the majority (almost all) of the consoles that would scrape as Arcade with the MAME Rom set that i have reads <UseMameFiles>false</UseMameFiles>, should these all be changed to true, or does this have nothing to do with its metadata?

Edited by Ushimo

I got it to work by deleting any existing arcade data platform XML files and playlists it created then deleted arcade scrubbing everything and tried again checking the prioritize over LB database.

Edited by Ushimo

I've tried from empty launchbox (just installed), and scrape mame fullrom option with default recommanded setting plus emulmovies account setting, the launchbox scrape just images not videos clips. I think the launchbox 11.11 has problem to import medias from emulmovies with mame fullrom option. I hope to fix this bug next version. 

Edited by Jaywalker

After you have imported your ROM set, try selecting all of your games in Arcade (click on the first game scroll down hold shift and select last game) so that all games are now highlighted in LB, Make sure you highlight all of the games you wish to do this individually for not the entire platform to edit. Next, go to tools and select download metadata and media, you will be greated with the number of games you wish to edit. Now uncheck all boxes except for video theme and see if that works. I experience the same issue importing on other consoles so i usually leave any video media unchecked and will work when you do it this way a second time, If other consoles have no video this works by making sure low quality video is left unchecked and only high and highest are left checked along with video theme. I am assuming you want just the video themes for the arcade so leave everything unchecked except for video themes, if this doesn't work and you have all of the images you want then try using the Emumovies scraping (sync) tool, It is a way faster method to download the video files you need.

https://emumovies.com/files/file/321-emumovies-sync/

Edited by Ushimo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having issues with 11.11 not pulling videos from EmuMovies. You can do it manually as outlined above, but on the initial import no videos downloaded. Tried with MAME and Game & Watch same issue. Credentials all fine, just doesn't work for some reason.