LaunchBox Community Forums

Display game specific controls image on a separate monitor during gameplay (plugin - beta release)

41 minutes ago, Vojake said:

is it possible to add arcade controls information and advertisement flyer

Most likely, Yes.  I'll see about looking into it this weekend.  

46 minutes ago, Vojake said:

display two pictures at the same time?

No.  You thought the image scaling was bad before....? lol  Seriously though, no.

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2022 at 12:29 PM, Vojake said:

is it possible, to specifiy other image-folders, where to seek images to display? So we can use the plugin to bring other content except controls-images to a third monitor. Best way could be, when user can choose one gamefolder and one platformfolder. Is this possible? perhaps with a ini.file?

I think you’re wanting to pull off what I just inquired about in another thread.  A 3rd monitor to display boxart/ flyer art/ animated folder art. Display specific to the game selected? 

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, PhantomFighter said:

Is this project still up and running? 

Not really.  It was more of a "just-because, proof-of-concept" thing.  There are a couple of other plugins out there that do the same thing, but better.

5 hours ago, PhantomFighter said:

would like a way to get the marquee to be on the same screen as the game, sitting above the lightsout bezel.  Is this possible please?

Pretty much anything's possible.  But I can only think of one person who would want to have a marquee displayed on the top portion of their monitor and the game displayed (albeit, squished) below that on the same monitor. 

Or maybe you're talking about somehow having the marquee floating in space above the game while using a VR headset?  That would actually make sense.  At least from all the sci-fi movies I've seen.  So it may be pushing the technology a bit.  But I'd have nofa king idea, as I've never even touched a VR headset.  You could try creating a new post requesting a plugin that does what you're wanting.