LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox launches on wrong monitor

Onehate

So it seems almost anytime I launch Bigbox it just picks and random monitor to launch on. I will go through the settings and assign it a monitor but next time I launch it its random again. It really has not been a big deal until I have started with gamestream and trying to launch it through my Shield. Gamestream wants to launch it off my 2k monitor instead of my 4k HDR one but thats another issue in itself. I need bigbox to launch only on my 4th monitor...

Anyone have any clue if I can hard code any ini file and do this? I was thinking I could maybe make the ini file unwrittable if it keeps randomly switching.... any help with this would be awesome!!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

That’s true too, but there is something else too: unless both monitors have the same scaling factor, LaunchBox will only show up on monitor 1 in Windows. I adapted a script that launches BigBox that will change the scaling factor to the same for both monitors to overcome this Windows limitation.

Edited by Hifihedgehog

• 2 years later...
On 12/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, Lordmonkus said:

In BigBox go to Options > General. There is a setting there for which monitor is your primary display.

That's for the Bigbox engine only, I'm having a problem with Third Screen plugin, after setting everything to my liking now my games are running on the fifth screen and can't find how to make my screen 1 primary for all emulation! 😓

1 hour ago, akuma6498 said:

That's for the Bigbox engine only, I'm having a problem with Third Screen plugin, after setting everything to my liking now my games are running on the fifth screen and can't find how to make my screen 1 primary for all emulation! 😓

Even with ThirdScreen, the primary display setting in Options > General is still what controls which screen BigBox will open on, and neither ThirdScreen nor BigBox control which screen emulators and games load on. Try it with ThirdScreen disabled and see if you are still having the same issue.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, superrob3000 said:

Even with ThirdScreen, the primary display setting in Options > General is still what controls which screen BigBox will open on, and neither ThirdScreen nor BigBox control which screen emulators and games load on. Try it with ThirdScreen disabled and see if you are still having the same issue.

I figured out in my settings that the conflict with my 5 screens was Retroarch then on Video > Output > Monitor Index > choose the monitor number and that fixed the whole problem, even MAME that was acting weird as well!

• Like 1