LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 3 woes.

Nightwulf1974

I have spent now over (2) hours trying to get Sega Model 3 emu to work.  This is the only one I have not been able to figure out.  I have watched video tutorials, threads here and no matter what I have tried, Supermodel.exe just opens and closes.  I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.  At this time, I am simply tying to launch and test Star Wars Trilogy.  I am sure what I am missing is something stupid, but I have tried so many variations and just am stumped.  ANY help appreciated.

Running Win 10 and am a paid member as of recent.  Loving Big box and have everything running great and every emulator and game up to now has worked flawlessly.  I am pretty tech savvy, so I know it is a small error somewhere on my end.  I would greatly appreciate any/all help

What version of Supermodel are you using? (latest is SNV 860)  Does it work when you run it stand-alone (Command Prompt)?

Supermodel.exe "F:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Model 3\swtrilgy.zip"

If you're updating or have updated it, make sure you have the Game.xml file for that particular release.

1 hour ago, JoeViking245 said:

What version of Supermodel are you using? (latest is SNV 860)  Does it work when you run it stand-alone (Command Prompt)?

Supermodel.exe "F:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Model 3\swtrilgy.zip"

If you're updating or have updated it, make sure you have the Game.xml file for that particular release.

No, and perhaps that is where we need to start.  I was following the instructions right on the download page under help/installation.  I keep getting "could not open swtrilgy.zip".  I am in the C:/Supermodel dir and ready to input the command to launch the game.  According to the instructions I should be putting in:  C:\Supermodel>supermodel swtrilgy.zip

Am I missing something?  The rom for now is located within the default rom folder in the Supermodel extracted folder.  

EDIT:  Yes, I am using the most recent build SNV 860

EDIT 2:  Finally got the game to launch somewhat, I had the rom within a separate rom folder and that was why it couldn't fin it.  Now it appears to launch and says, "failed feedback lever initialize. Power off and restart this system".

Gotta be getting close now...

Edited by Nightwulf1974
Change

1 hour ago, Nightwulf1974 said:

EDIT 2:  Finally got the game to launch somewhat, I had the rom within a separate rom folder and that was why it couldn't fin it.  Now it appears to launch and says, "failed feedback lever initialize. Power off and restart this system".

Gotta be getting close now...

Some of the games need you to enter the game service menu and set specific options. (Which get saved to a nvram file)

I can't remember the exact issue for swtrilogy (I'm sure it's on the supermodel3 forums), but I'll see if I can find it again.

1 hour ago, Nightwulf1974 said:

"failed feedback lever initialize. Power off and restart this system"

Not sure I can link directly to the original sm3 post, but it says something like

2 solutions

1 )enable force feedback option with -force-feedback in cmd line or ForceFeedback = 1 in Supermodel.ini
this is due to the recent emulation of the feedback lever

2) enter service menu->game assignments->feedback lever = disable

I think "5" is for the service menu.

Got the game launching finally and had to also clear the NVRAM, now I just need to figure out how the hell to use a controller/extension board.  There's a lot of information in the readme file, so I guess I will start there.  Thanks for the help!  

• Game On 1

• 8 months later...

[Info]  Supermodel Version 0.3a-WIP
[Info]  Started as:
[Info]    argv[0] = Supermodel.exe
[Info]    argv[1] = G:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Model 3\Roms.zip
[Error] Could not open 'G:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Model 3\Roms.zip'.

i get this but i dont have games in roms.zip

they like this

image.thumb.png.fd389435f9bdd864b57f81dd77509604.png

can someone help??

2 hours ago, mohanned85 said:

i post the directory correctly

but get this

From LaunchBox, you can't use the Supermodel UI program.  You have to point to Supermodel.exe.  Well you can use the UI program, but if you want to launch the game directly from LaunchBox, use Supermodel.exe as the emulator's executable.

Can you share a picture of your Supermodel settings in LaunchBox?

1 hour ago, mohanned85 said:

here you go

That looks as it should.  Hmmm...

Outside of LaunchBox, will L.A. Machineguns run if you launch it from your Sega Model 3 UI program?

Can you open the Windows Command Prompt to where your Supermode.exe file is and type in

Supermodel "D:\roms\Sega Model 3\lamachin.zip"

(changing the actual path to the rom file, and keeping that part all in quotes.)

Does the game run that way?