LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 3 woes.

Nightwulf1974

10 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

@mohanned85 File locations shouldn't make a difference.

If you're using PowerShell instead of the Command Window, you need to enter

.\Supermodel "G:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Model 3\lamachin.zip"

Also, you forgot the slash between "Sega Model 3" and "lamachin.zip"

it looks  like gonna load then crashes :(
black box opens then crashes
then it just staying like this
image.thumb.png.80bc970c32b5ed1941f78d3ff6d55c78.png

Edited by mohanned85

8 minutes ago, mohanned85 said:

new version

Most recent versions and older versions are here:   Download - Supermodel: A Sega Model 3 Arcade Emulator (supermodel3.com)

Not sure where your heard about issues with the newest version, but that same place should also be able to recommend what prior version is still good (which can be found in the above link).   I haven't updated or even used mine in almost a year.  I can only assume it still works. :D

9 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Most recent versions and older versions are here:   Download - Supermodel: A Sega Model 3 Arcade Emulator (supermodel3.com)

Not sure where your heard about issues with the newest version, but that same place should also be able to recommend what prior version is still good (which can be found in the above link).   I haven't updated or even used mine in almost a year.  I can only assume it still works. :D

i read on that site
i trying find my old version of it on a hd and see if it works

12 hours ago, mohanned85 said:

i read on that site
i trying find my old version of it on a hd and see if it works

I went back and tested version r862, r864, and r865 (x64 versions) and all working fine.

I don't know your hardware specs, but be aware that LA Machines, unlike other games on this emulator takes a bit longer before anything is displayed on screen. The screen will be black for before the hardware bootup screen appears. (On my system it is about 14 seconds)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

I went back and tested version r862, r864, and r865 (x64 versions) and all working fine.

I don't know your hardware specs, but be aware that LA Machines, unlike other games on this emulator takes a bit longer before anything is displayed on screen. The screen will be black for before the hardware bootup screen appears. (On my system it is about 14 seconds)

my spec is
it used to work  but  not now
image.thumb.png.dc23a1e950d242b2b73a4a1c9174d8e0.pngimage.thumb.png.9d6766980153f345b76d1c261a094aa8.png

• 1 month later...

Hi Model 3 fans,

So I've gotten a new PC a little while ago and not gotten around to re-setting up Supermodel in LB. Now I can't get any version of it to work (old version 0.2a or the latest).
If I try and open a game I get this error in the log file:

[Info]  Supermodel Version 0.3a-svn-881
[Info]  Started as:
[Info]    argv[0] = D:\Supermodel\Supermodel.exe
[Info]    argv[1] = G:\0_Emulation\Arcade\Sega Model 3\daytona2.zip
[Error] Unable to open 'Config/Supermodel.ini'. Configuration will not be loaded.
[Error] Failed to parse Config/Games.xml (XML_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND).
[Error] Game and ROM set definitions could not be loaded! ROMs will not be detected.
[Info]  Opened G:\0_Emulation\Arcade\Sega Model 3\daytona2.zip.
[Error] No complete Model 3 games found in 'G:\0_Emulation\Arcade\Sega Model 3\daytona2.zip'.

It's very odd as both the Supermodel.ini and Games.xml files are in the Config folder. Also I tried to download and use the Supermodel UI from the folder and by using this to launch it it works without any problems, however I can't use this exe to launch them from Launchbox.

Has anyone had this issue or know what could be wrong?

Cheers :)

(can't wait for the core in Retroarch haha)

Update: Figured it out. The Config folder actually had to be in the folder with the roms. Kind of odd, not sure ive encountered that before. All works now though :D

Edited by polygonslayer
Found out what was wrong.