LaunchBox Community Forums

Having NES Emulator open in full screen

I know it's a simple fix, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've been playing with the core emulators for NES as I was having some control problems.

However now that I reverted to the original core, I can't get it open in full screen, the NES games just opens a window. Is there a setting I'm missing to make sure it opens in full screen?

Just now, vicfrankenstein said:

I know it's a simple fix, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've been playing with the core emulators for NES as I was having some control problems.

However now that I reverted to the original core, I can't get it open in full screen, the NES games just opens a window. Is there a setting I'm missing to make sure it opens in full screen?

You will need to be more specific here, what emulator? You also mention core, so are you using retroarch?

• 8 months later...

question my controller setup for NES is standard for all the cores but for NES nothing works. it is almost in a demo mode depending on what buttons I press on the controller. Start and Back do nothing. I tried all cores. PC build. Anyone else had this odd behavior? I posted here because I assumed Mesen core would fix it but it didn't. 

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Kinglifer said:

question my controller setup for NES is standard for all the cores but for NES nothing works. it is almost in a demo mode depending on what buttons I press on the controller. Start and Back do nothing. I tried all cores. PC build. Anyone else had this odd behavior? I posted here because I assumed Mesen core would fix it but it didn't. 

Thanks.

Did you check inside the emulator you mapped your controller? If you start a game in the emulator directly without using LB does it work?

The controller mappings available inside LB/BB have nothing to do with in emulator game play, just an FYI.

12 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Did you check inside the emulator you mapped your controller? If you start a game in the emulator directly without using LB does it work?

The controller mappings available inside LB/BB have nothing to do with in emulator game play, just an FYI.

Hey thanks for responding. Emulator is Retroarch sorry. That is what I ment by everything else works with it. (Other platforms in Retroarch) but NES just does not have proper maps of the controller. When I look inside they look like I want but in game I cant hit start etc...