LaunchBox Community Forums

quick rom import.

eric

seems as when i import a folder of roms,  saying no to media data,  ie: have all my own artwork,    it still takes days to just import roms keep seeing 

searching for and removing duplicate images for bla bla game.     

any way just to quickley import ...the same rom folder in attract mode takes likw 4 min, compaird to 45min or moore...   thanks for any help

46 minutes ago, eric said:

the same rom folder in attract mode takes likw 4 min, compaird to 45min or moore

Attract mode doesn't download meta data or media the last time I checked, that may have changed though.

If you just want to import games quickly uncheck all the media during the import wizard.

"import games quickly uncheck all the media during the import wizard."     yes this is what i just said i did. seems as though u did not read of understand what i just wrote? but thanks for the reply 

1 hour ago, eric said:

seems as when i import a folder of roms,  saying no to media data,  ie: have all my own artwork,    it still takes days to just import roms keep seeing 

searching for and removing duplicate images for bla bla game.     

any way just to quickley import ...the same rom folder in attract mode takes likw 4 min, compaird to 45min or moore...   thanks for any help

I've had this before, but it was because I somehow didn't select a platform to import under. So LB checked each rom file / game title against the entire games database, rather than a subset. It also pays to uncheck the "Remove roughly-matched duplicate images" setting, even if no media is selected. With no media downloads or checks, imports of 500+ roms take 2-3 seconds.