LaunchBox Community Forums

YuZu recommended video card

ermac_0

Yuzu's recommended requirements are a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB. It needs an OpenGL 4.6 or Vulkan 1.1 capable GPU. 

Minimum requirements are an Intel HD Graphics 520 or Nvidia GeForce GT 1030.

Recommended is also a CPU that has high single-core performance plus it requires a minimum of 8 GB of RAM.

Edited by DeadVoivod

14 minutes ago, ermac_0 said:

Thanks for the reply, I just cant justify buying a dedicated graphics card for 400+ when the system I am trying to emulate cost that much. Havent looked for the 1030 tho

Problem is you are trying to emulate a pretty recent system. Systems like that and also PS3 are going to cost way more to emulate than they are to buy real hardware (most people already have the hardware and see what they can get away with emulating on it, they don usually buy hardware to specifically emulate a platform), that's just the nature of emulation, NES needed a powerful PC when those emulators first appeared, and things haven't changed in that regard, you need hardware many times more powerful than the hardware you intend to emulate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Problem is you are trying to emulate a pretty recent system. Systems like that and also PS3 are going to cost way more to emulate than they are to buy real hardware (most people already have the hardware and see what they can get away with emulating on it, they don usually buy hardware to specifically emulate a platform), that's just the nature of emulation, NES needed a powerful PC when those emulators first appeared, and things haven't changed in that regard, you need hardware many times more powerful than the hardware you intend to emulate.

I hear you. Im going to get off the idea of having Switch in my emulation project for now. 

4 hours ago, ermac_0 said:

I hear you. Im going to get off the idea of having Switch in my emulation project for now. 

Just to add my 2 cents. Coming from my own experience in recent days, if you want to play the less demanding "A" titles, 2D games, and mostly indie stuff, you can get by playing Yuzu with a budget GFX card, but I'd have to say you'll need a pretty beefy processor (CPU) and a decent GFX card to play the more sophisticated 3D and "AAA" games. The same holds true for PS3 games as Neil mentioned. I have an older CPU (i7 4790s) and Nvdia 1070GTX, and while I'm running Super Mario Odyssey, it's playable but sluggish at best.

Edited by bundangdon