LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroCRT - A 4:3 theme - [Theme Workshop]

faeran

RetroCRT - A 4:3 theme - [Theme Workshop]

View File

RetroCRT was built during a Theme Workshop live stream. If you are interested in creating themes, subscribe to the Unbroken Software YouTube channel.

RetroCRT

A 4:3 theme that really hits that CRT nostalgic vibe.

The theme can be downloaded here, while in the future I will be adding the Project Files you can use to load into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator.

Watch this theme being built:

Credits
COMMUNITY Theme Creator by @y2guru. Find it here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2115-community-theme-creator-for-bigbox/
Subscribe to catch future live streamshttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @akera099. What do you mean by bezel and overlays? RetroCRT is a 4:3 Big Box theme.

I'm sorry that wasn't clear! I'm talking about the theme's bezel and the scanlines. Here's what it looks like in BigBox. As you see, the CRT-like bezel nor the scanlines does not show like in your pictures. I have dropped the Retro-CRT folder in my Big Box theme folder. I'm on BigBox 12.1, but I'm not sure if that's related. Thanks again and sorry, I'm kinda new to this, maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Edited by akera099

Never seen that before. I'm assuming other custom themes don't have this issue for you?

You could try:

• Right click the theme's zip file and choose properties. Make sure you Unblock the file before extracting.
  • Double check you didn't extract a folder within a folder (it shouldn't be Themes\RetroCRT\RetroCRT\, it should be Themes\RetroCRT\)
  • Check to see if the images actually exist - They are looking for them in Themes\RetroCRT\Media\Theme\

• 4 months later...

Hello! I love this theme, but I plugged my TV and my computer adjusted that to the main picture and it messed everything up. I can no longer see the clear logos at all. I have tried everything. I used the repair. I completely uninstalled and re-installed. I have used the refresh images option and the force populate all images option. I went in and completely deleted the cache for BB. I deleted all the settings for BB (which that screwed a lot up and thank God I had a backup) I restored a backup of yesterday and that didn't work. I'm just at a loss. This was my absolute favorite theme and I'm going to spend hours trying to get it back to working.

Can you help me?

'

12 hours ago, mrmattcoachman said:

Hello! I love this theme, but I plugged my TV and my computer adjusted that to the main picture and it messed everything up. I can no longer see the clear logos at all. I have tried everything. I used the repair. I completely uninstalled and re-installed. I have used the refresh images option and the force populate all images option. I went in and completely deleted the cache for BB. I deleted all the settings for BB (which that screwed a lot up and thank God I had a backup) I restored a backup of yesterday and that didn't work. I'm just at a loss. This was my absolute favorite theme and I'm going to spend hours trying to get it back to working.

Can you help me?

'

Thanks @mrmattcoachman.

Just to first clarify, a theme cannot adjust settings like this. It's essentially just a skin. So, there's definitely some other underlining issue here.

I would test other themes and check out their wheel. Start with the default and see if it's caching clear logo images into the wheel.

Switch between views and see if you notice anything different.

See if you have any Theme-Specific Options for this theme and clear them.