LaunchBox Community Forums

Setting up big box theme

Zeaede

52 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

That is what im trying to figure out what themes per flatform should be on BB with COINOPS REDUX 1.05

The theme is what i like most, but seems difficult to set up

It is actually pretty simple.

1. Download theme and unzip it into the \LaunchBox\Themes folder. (You already did this)

2. Go into Manage Themes in BigBox. Select CoinOps theme. Select "Apply As Main Theme" and then answer "Yes" when it asks do you want to apply to all platforms and playlists.

3. Back out of Options page and you should not see CoinOps applied.

If it is not then go into your \Launchbox\Themes folder and make sure the CoinOps theme is not double embedded into a folder. Make sure it is not \Launchbox\Themes\CoinOps\CoinOps\

31 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It is actually pretty simple.

1. Download theme and unzip it into the \LaunchBox\Themes folder. (You already did this)

2. Go into Manage Themes in BigBox. Select CoinOps theme. Select "Apply As Main Theme" and then answer "Yes" when it asks do you want to apply to all platforms and playlists.

3. Back out of Options page and you should not see CoinOp applied.

If it is not then go into your \Launchbox\Themes folder and make sure the CoinOps theme is not double embedded into a folder. Make sure it is not \Launchbox\Themes\CoinOps\CoinOps\

Thanks for steps

Dosen't have any folder label Coinops, only Coinops and COINOPS REDUX 1.0.5

Should redux be rename to CoinOps?

Edited by Zeaede

12 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

After changed theme Unified Refried to Coinops Redux 1.0.5 and apply it as main theme, it now looks like this

I do wrong somewhere

I will just requote this ⬇️. Do this as mentioned before and you should get where you need.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:40 PM, Retro808 said:

As @faeran mentioned each theme can support multiple views and it is up to the theme creator what views they make for their theme. The easiest way to see the different views when you have applied the theme is to map a button or a key to the option for "Switch View" in BigBox.

Go into either the keyboard mapping section or controller mapping section (depends on your setup) and find the option for "Switch View" and then map a key/button. You can even map one for "Switch Theme". This allows you to see changes real time.

Then when you apply the theme and as you are viewing your platform list or your game list if you hit that button it will switch the views to the different view layouts the theme creator made and find the one you like.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 3.38.30 PM.png

Whenever you apply new themes you may not be on a view it supports and the view from the default theme will show. You need to then switch views to find the right one for the theme.

I think i got it working now, misstake i did was press yes installing theme caused me the problems

I uninstalled theme, installed it back again, pressed no second time

bigbox7.thumb.jpg.1b49b7a3ab6ead869d0bafcf21b9e16e.jpg

Now it looks like this

Thanks everyone helping noob out

bigbox8.thumb.jpg.cc458d14363343b0ae5fcfdb552f78be.jpgbigbox9.thumb.jpg.a514fc8f6c1197fc0ac884709db9e901.jpg

You just need to switch the view, as already pointed out several times.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:16 PM, faeran said:

Every theme, including the one you downloaded will have multiple different "Views" for both platform (main wheel) and games (game wheel). To cycle through the different views you can:

• Go into Options > Views, you will find "Platforms List View" and "Games List View".
  • Go to Options > Keyboard Mappings (or Controller Mappings), find the "Switch View" mapping and map it to a key. Then go to either your Platform view or Games view and click that key, which will cycle through your options.

1 minute ago, Zeaede said:

Didn't knew what to change view before i got it set up, there are 2 lines in view settings which can be combinated in a dozen way

You will just need to experiment with the views, i'm not going to waste my own time looking at views for a theme i dont use or want to use. And again, in the quoted section that has now been quoted SEVERAL times, it says to setup a button for this, then all you have to do is go to a platform and press the button until you see the view you want.

Just now, neil9000 said:

You will just need to experiment with the views, i'm not going to waste my own time looking at views for a theme i dont use or want to use. And again, in the quoted section that has now been quoted SEVERAL times, it says to setup a button for this, then all you have to do is go to a platform and press the button until you see the view you want.

Ok, thanks