LaunchBox Community Forums

Setting up big box theme

Zeaede

Im about to try setup the coinops redux 1.0.5 for bigbox

I got so far i downloade the zip unpacked it to the folder, i see the theme name in big box

From there it's a bit complicated understand settings

0:19 is what i would like the main/plattform wheel to?

0:44 is what i would like the gamewheel to be?

0:43 here you can see the image of game is moving, is that possible with all systems and games  with videos instead of images?

0:43: Is it also possible to remove game box game disc images not been visible?

I know theme settings in big box is in options/views? But from there im lost

Any help appreciated, thanks in advanced

Edited by Zeaede

7 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Hi!

I suggest that you map a key to change the view within BigBox. Just go to options / keyboard mapping and set it up.

Then, press the key until the view that you like shows up.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

They do great work with themes, but setting up can be complicated, would be easier when uploading a theme, if they could have a couple of screenshots of what to do where?

I would suggest using the built in Theme Manager in Big Box to help you with your decisions. Most views in the manager have per view screenshots you can view before downloading the theme, and you can select a Theme and view to use inside of Big Box on a global or per platform basis in that tool.

4 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I would suggest using the built in Theme Manager in Big Box to help you with your decisions. Most views in the manager have per view screenshots you can view before downloading the theme, and you can select a Theme and view to use inside of Big Box on a global or per platform basis in that tool.

With "Theme Manager" do you mean

Manage Themes

Manage StartUp Theme

Manage Pause Themes

I should not change anything in options/view settings?

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

And if you really cant find something that fits your very specific needs, you can create it yourself with the community theme creator, no coding knowledge needed.

Community Theme Creator for BigBox - Third-party Apps and Plugins - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

My specifit needs is done with this theme, can't just figure out do what in bigbox with theme

Every theme, including the one you downloaded will have multiple different "Views" for both platform (main wheel) and games (game wheel). To cycle through the different views you can:

• Go into Options > Views, you will find "Platforms List View" and "Games List View".
  • Go to Options > Keyboard Mappings (or Controller Mappings), find the "Switch View" mapping and map it to a key. Then go to either your Platform view or Games view and click that key, which will cycle through your options.

23 minutes ago, faeran said:

Every theme, including the one you downloaded will have multiple different "Views" for both platform (main wheel) and games (game wheel). To cycle through the different views you can:

• Go into Options > Views, you will find "Platforms List View" and "Games List View".
  • Go to Options > Keyboard Mappings (or Controller Mappings), find the "Switch View" mapping and map it to a key. Then go to either your Platform view or Games view and click that key, which will cycle through your options.

Thanks

And correct Theme at options/view should be COINOPS REDUX 1.05?

Next under its Default Startup View

I changed platworm list view and games list view with combination but probably don't know what im doing

Easy to get lost with so many combinations of settings make it right

On switch view , don't really know what you mean map it in to a key?

Think bigbox is to complicated for me but thanks

55 minutes ago, Zeaede said:

On switch view , don't really know what you mean map it in to a key?

As @faeran mentioned each theme can support multiple views and it is up to the theme creator what views they make for their theme. The easiest way to see the different views when you have applied the theme is to map a button or a key to the option for "Switch View" in BigBox.

Go into either the keyboard mapping section or controller mapping section (depends on your setup) and find the option for "Switch View" and then map a key/button. You can even map one for "Switch Theme". This allows you to see changes real time.

Then when you apply the theme and as you are viewing your platform list or your game list if you hit that button it will switch the views to the different view layouts the theme creator made and find the one you like.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 3.38.30 PM.png

Yes, BB has a bunch of view types, and im not even close getting it right like it's supposed to look like here?

This is what im trying the game wheel to look, but getting something else instead

I must do something wrong somewhere

bild.thumb.png.11ca37b7d3be0e5474c0cac8e193d887.png

What i have done is

1. Download COINOPS REDUX 1.05.zip, Unzip COINOPS REDUX 1.05.zip to Themes folder

2. Options/Views/ Manage Themes/Installed/COINOPS REDUX 1.05 (Should i apply as main theme?/Got the question "would you like to reset all your platforms and playlist to use this theme as well, yes or no"?)

Don't know if i should click yes or no and from there om lost

Im not even close get mainwheel to look as picture, i only get other sort of looks of combination when i do changes

Edited by Zeaede

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Can you post a pic of what you are seeing?

This ⬆️

4 hours ago, Zeaede said:

2. Options/Views/ Manage Themes/Installed/COINOPS REDUX 1.05 (Should i apply as main theme?/Got the question "would you like to reset all your platforms and playlist to use this theme as well, yes or no"?)

Don't know if i should click yes or no and from there om lost

Well, if you want to use the theme then you click "Yes".

The reason it asks if you want to reset all your platforms and playlists to use this theme is because BB allows you to use different themes per platform.