LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to add a clear logo in Big box.

Hi there!!

I have a few roms i want to customize with my own made logo (Cause i can't find a clear logo for it anywhere), But where do i place it in my Launcbox folder??.

I used 2 different websites to create it, One for the logo itself and one for making it transparent(Is that neccesary?), I also made sure it had the same name is the rom/Box front cover and Fanart Background image and placed it in the clear logo folder under the platform i want to create it for, And i also made sure to refresh the image cache in Big-box.

Here is a picture of horizontal wheel i have on the left sideCapture.thumb.JPG.56610a6723e2898fd031990bafc4c5eb.JPG

I would like to switch that big ugly text for a nice logo :)

Edited by ModerateNOOB

40 minutes ago, kmoney said:

It is a jpg or png file,correct? Do you see the image in your edit window for that game inside of LaunchBox under Images and is it listed as clear logo?

It's a PNG file, I use 3d boxes in the application boxes in Launchbox, But i can see the clear logo if i add that instead.

For future reference you can drag any image into the Launchbox edit window for ease of use and just change where the arrow is pointing to in pic to what type your image is (Clear Logo) for instance and Launchbox will put it automatically in the correct folder and name it correctly also and don't forget to click ok when done so it will save as well. You can also click on the Add Image button on that same window as well but I find it easier and faster just to drag the image into that window.

Screenshot 2021-07-03 141946.png

1 hour ago, kmoney said:

For future reference you can drag any image into the Launchbox edit window for ease of use and just change where the arrow is pointing to in pic to what type your image is (Clear Logo) for instance and Launchbox will put it automatically in the correct folder and name it correctly also and don't forget to click ok when done so it will save as well. You can also click on the Add Image button on that same window as well but I find it easier and faster just to drag the image into that window.

Screenshot 2021-07-03 141946.png

Thank's for the tip, Have to admit i didn't know that. But my problem is that i can't get my own custom made clear logos to show in big box, In Launchbox there is no problem selecting between different types of images.

Normally i start by importing the roms and and let Launchbox find and place the metadata, Then i place missing images in their respective folders and refresh them in Launchbox.