LaunchBox Community Forums

Could not import game "": An item with the same key has already been added.

Jdzspace

I was adding some steam games last night and one of them kept giving me the error "Could not import game "": An item with the same key has already been added. " 

The game was Nights of Azure 2, and I did have the previous game, but I didn't have the game already synced. I'm not sure what is causing it, or what to do to fix it. 

I found kind of a work around by just adding it manually and directing it to the link in the steam file, but that is not a very clean solution as the steam menu pops up and then the game screen is tiny unlike the others that open full screen, and the screen that pops up asks me if i want to start the game, as in start the booting into the game process, this is very clunky and annoying, but it's the best I could do. I'm hoping that someone can help me fix this problem and get it working correctly, or if i will just keep getting this era every time i sync a new steam game, unless i scroll through and uncheck it. 

any help would be very much appreciated. ?

Hi @Jdzspace. Usually when you see this error, it's because 2 different games on steam utilize the same key (eg. like a demo of a game vs the actual game).

At the moment, it looks like you figured out a good workaround. Another one is to drag and drop your game shortcuts or game exe's directly into LaunchBox.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 2:01 PM, faeran said:

Hi @Jdzspace. Usually when you see this error, it's because 2 different games on steam utilize the same key (eg. like a demo of a game vs the actual game).

At the moment, it looks like you figured out a good workaround. Another one is to drag and drop your game shortcuts or game exe's directly into LaunchBox.

oh, that is a good one. I didn't know I could do that. Thanks