LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Startup Video won't play, and in the settings the "minimum time" only goes to 5 seconds, but there is no way to get the max up to 15 seconds

Jdzspace

I've been watching tutorials and videos on this for 20 minutes and it just refuses to work for me. 

what i've done is gone into launchbox/videos first i just put the video in the root file (per the first tutorial from 2019 i watched), that didn't work. then i watched another that told me to rename it starup.mp4, and that didn't work. Then I came here and read that you have to put it in the Startup folder.....but there is no startup folder in my launchbox, and when i created one....well.... it didn't work. 

I know i'm missing a step in there somewhere. I just have no idea where. 

What version are you on?

Startup videos changed a long time ago (version 7.12) and the current process to place any videos you want used in a \Videos\Startup folder. There is no minimum of maximum time setting either since BB now plays the videos in full regardless of their length. There really is not a setting for the video to play when BigBox startups up. Just add the folder, the video (or multiple video) and go.

The video you are using does play if you just open it correct?

Can you post a pic of the inside of the folder showing how you set it up and the contents.

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

What version are you on?

Startup videos changed a long time ago (version 7.12) and the current process to place any videos you want used in a \Videos\Startup folder. There is no minimum of maximum time setting either since BB now plays the videos in full regardless of their length. There really is not a setting for the video to play when BigBox startups up. Just add the folder, the video (or multiple video) and go.

Can you post a pic of the inside of the folder showing how you set it up and the contents.

I'm a new user so the most recent version I think. Here is my setup

Screenshot (1).png

14 hours ago, Retro808 said:

What version are you on?

i just tested it with another video and basically the audio works fine, but the video pauses almost immediately and I can't get it to play. any thoughts on what i should do? does adding mp4 to the file name help? or is it best to use vlc over anything else? i just can't seem to make it work, it is very frustrating

Please do not start new threads for the same issue. I also recommend a little patience our forum is small and we do not have as many users posting help responses as larger communities would have. I have merged your threads.

I am not sure why the audio would work and not the video. Inside the BigBox video settings can you change between either VLC or Windows Media and see if that changes anything.

What is your video's file type?

16 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Please do not start new threads for the same issue. I also recommend a little patience our forum is small and we do not have as many users posting help responses as larger communities would have. I have merged your threads.

I am not sure why the audio would work and not the video. Inside the BigBox video settings can you change between either VLC or Windows Media and see if that changes anything.

What is your video's file type?

fair enough. I just thought that since the black screen is a different issue than this one maybe that's why people weren't answering. But now I know. I apologize. It was set to VLC both in BB and as my default player, so I tried making it play through WMP and it still didn't work. I don't understand why. 

But when i tried another video it was more like the video frozen at the first frame (or first second or two) while the audio plays. 

should I change it in bb to wmp maybe since it being set up in VLC doesn't seem to work? 

This is what happened when I tried to use the gamecube style opening video. The audio was fine, but this is all i got of the video

Screenshot (2).png