LaunchBox Community Forums

I cannot get certain unreleased prototype games imported into LaunchBox no matter how hard I try.

Arcade1993

9 minutes ago, Arcade1993 said:

Also, I would still like to solve the mystery of getting both Judge Dredd games to show up in LaunchBox/Big Box. They are two entirely different games; not clones or version differences. Is there any easy way to do this?

Glad you at least figured out Power-up. Easy to mistake which exe you have set if you have a few emulator options in your set-up.

Dredd imported fine for me just by drag and drop of the zip. If you already have the other Acclaim version you need to make sure you check the "Import Duplicate" box.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 12.24.31 PM.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Glad you at least figured out Power-up. Easy to mistake which exe you have set if you have a few emulator options in your set-up.

Dredd imported fine for me just by drag and drop of the zip. If you already have the other Acclaim version you need to make sure you check the "Import Duplicate" box.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 12.24.31 PM.png

Ah, that was the issue! I didn't check "import duplicate" because it's not really a duplicate, it's a completely different game. I do realize how specific this situation is though and totally understand why LaunchBox wouldn't import it otherwise.

By the way I got the images for Power-Up Baseball to show up by manually going into the edit screen and downloading them. For whatever reason even though I did a huge database update yesterday, it didn't include the Power-Up Baseball images for whatever reason. Oh well. It's working great now! :)

You are all the best, thank you so much! Sorry about my stupidity!