LaunchBox Community Forums

Video Snaps not downloading on 12.1

TnkBeatsHunters

I recently installed 12.1 and noticed that none of my platforms or games had video snaps downloaded. They still download when done one at a time, but when adding a brand new system or trying to download in bulk, the videos are not downloaded from Emumovies. I am a lifetime member of both Emumovies and Launchbox, and to troubleshoot the issue, I even installed an old copy of 11.10 that I had on a backup drive, and it (11.10) downloads the video snaps from Emumovies without a fuss when adding new systems or in bulk. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Right now my plan is to block updates on 11.10, download everything and get everything setup then update to 12.1. Any clarification on why this is happening, or how I could fix it, would be greatly appreciated.

They still should download in 12.1 but there is one MAJOR difference in 12.1 compared to 11.10 and that is EmuMovies content is always downloaded last. We have been running into issues with the EmuMovies API and a session timer they use with their download links, to minimize those errors we now wait until EmuMovies is the only thing left to download, and then we get the download links from your search and then process them. Also different is that each EmuMovies search is actually cached until we are ready to consume download links, meaning we save what you want to download, but until it's time to actually start grabbing stuff from EmuMovies we don't ACTUALLY send the search request to EmuMovies (so that the links don't expire on us).

17 minutes ago, TnkBeatsHunters said:

That's understandable why Launchbox would do this. And it does download from Emumovies, but it does not download any video snaps unless done on a 1 by 1 basis for me. Thank you for the clarification though! 😊

Can you explain how you are downloading the videos? What step you are taking so I can attempt to find out why you would be seeing what you're seeing.

Sure! 

1. 1. I click Tools, Import, Roms
  2. Select my roms for the platform (I'll use Nintendo Wii for this example)
  3. For Platform I select "Nintendo Wii"
  4. For Emulator I select "Dolphin" and select the executable for it
  5. I continue the process as default until I get to "Emumovies", then I login to my lifetime premium account and it says "Successfully signed in"
  6. I select "Check all" and scroll down and make sure video snaps are enabled
  7. Because my games are in .wbfs and .wbfs1 format due to having them ripped from my Wii disc drive, I also select "Use Folder Name as rom name"
  8. I select Finish and let it scrape.

Sorry, I'm a QA Tester for work, so I wrote out as clear and concise instructions as possible. I looked through the fourms and noticed that one admin said it might be because my roms aren't named the same as the game in Emumovies database, but I don't see how that could be the issue when 11.10 has no trouble seeing the rom name, and downloading the video snap for that rom. That thread is here: 

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem accept it's been happening on version 11 as well as 12. Downloading media for a single game it can find the video snaps and download them, but when downloading in bulk it will download very few of them if any any videos at all. Most the time in bulk it just does nothing when it gets time for it down download the videos and the downloader exists as if it finished. 

Edited by darreldearth