LaunchBox Community Forums

Any way to run a script when loading a specific playlist?

exodus_cl

Hey! I was wondering if it's possible to run a script or app when loading (and when exiting) all games from a specific playlist, here's what I want to do :

Using a USB relay, I want to automatically turn on the infrared leds that my lightgun needs to work. This might be useful to automatically turn on a wii bar when loading wii games too. 

I know it might be done running an ahk script per game, but it would be way easier to run it when loading a game from an specific playlist (maybe run it when entering said Playlist). 

Any help is appreciated, thanks! 

Edited by exodus_cl

You can't set up an AHK script to run per Playlist. Or per Platform, for that matter. Besides, you probably need it to run before the games are launched so that it's already loaded.  You can do it for a specific Emulator, but it will simultaneously with launching the emulator/game (not before loading the game).  Also, doesn't help for Playlists.

One possible solution (for the time being?) is to create 2 scripts (or batch files), 1 to load it (IR LED's, Wii bar...) and one to close it (if needed). Then (as you discovered) edit the games to have an Additional App (2 actually). Set one to run BEFORE main app and the other to run AFTER the main app.

Select your Playlist (Platform, sort filter....) then select all games (click on one of them, then hit Ctrl+A) and then run the 3rd party plugin (Bulk) Add Additional Applications .  From here (you'll need to run it twice) select the Run Before or Run After Main Application, respectively.

Maybe not ideal, but it is one possible solution.  Problem is, if/when you add more games that need this, you'll need to [remember to] add the Additional Apps to those, as well.