LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch Dolphin Wii System Menu from LaunchBox/BigBox?

mlurie

The Wii System Menu is a menu option that is installed directly in Dolphin, not a ROM that is imported into LaunchBox.  I'm trying to figure out a way to "import" the Wii System Menu and launch it from LaunchBox directly instead of having to open Dolphin and select it from the Tools menu.

3 minutes ago, mlurie said:

The Wii System Menu is a menu option that is installed directly in Dolphin, not a ROM that is imported into LaunchBox.  I'm trying to figure out a way to "import" the Wii System Menu and launch it from LaunchBox directly instead of having to open Dolphin and select it from the Tools menu.

Found this with a very quick google.

"You can do it on the command line. Use -n to select the system menu and -C to set DefaultISO to the disc you want."

4 minutes ago, mlurie said:

Ah. My eyes saw Dolphin Wii System menu but the brain only processed Dolphin. Looks like @neil9000 might have you covered.

Okay, I've got it launching the Wii system menu with the following command line switches: -b -n 0000000100000002.  However, I can't figure out the proper syntax to set the default ISO with the -C switch.  It's not documented very well on the Dolphin Wiki.

Dolphin.exe -n 0000000100000002

This command works for me, boots directly into the wii menu.

Dolphin.exe -n 0001000248414341 

This boots directly into MiiMaker.

The -C switch is for the config file, i never had any luck with that. As far as i know there isnt a switch to mount a iso/etc in dolphin. You can "change disc" within the wii menu in Disc Channel, not sure if it actually boots the iso or not, ive never used it. I only use my menu for nostalgia, managing my saves, miis, that kinda stuff.

Edited by KingSlayer937
  • Like 1