LaunchBox Community Forums

Can this MAME change affect hi score support?

exodus_cl

The following corresponds to the "what's new" in MAME 0.237 and I wonder if it can, somehow affect the hi score feature Launchbox has.

• The location the hiscore support plugin uses to store its data and configuration has changed. You won’t lose your high scores, but you need to move the .hi files from the hi folder to the hiscore folder in your plugin data (homepath) folder.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:13 PM, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for the info on this. The latest beta should have the MAME high scores working with 0.237.

Thanks for this! The hi score stuff is my favorite feature, I love trying new games and it gives a great reason to experiment.

If we're running older versions of MAME (before this change happened), will we need to edit or change anything to keep Launchbox playing nice with hi scores?

10 hours ago, BaronVanAwesome said:

If we're running older versions of MAME (before this change happened), will we need to edit or change anything to keep Launchbox playing nice with hi scores?

I tested it with MAME 0.236 (which uses the hi folder [aka "before this change"]) and 0.237 (which uses the hiscore folder), and both played nice with LaunchBox's community high score feature.. without needing to edit or change anything. :)  

That's awesome! Y'all  rule, it's seriously the best feature.

If you're reading this now and don't have hi scores set up, come play with us! I set up a playlist with all of the hiscore-ready games and it's great fun to hit "random" and try a new game that others can compete on.

Because it has weekly/monthly/yearly scoreboards in addition to "all-time", you don't have to worry about being amazing at  a game to compete too! Just keep an eye out for BaronVanAwesome :)

• Game On 1