LaunchBox Community Forums

Help creating a Pause, Satart and Shutdown Theme

IxMasterxI

3 minutes ago, IxMasterxI said:

Hi, can anyone help to creat this theme based on sominthing like the pulse bigbox theme, i cant find anything that looks similiar for this theme!

What exactly are you looking for? An image would help and ideas of what more specifically in the view you are looking for?

On 11/13/2021 at 8:29 PM, IxMasterxI said:
I am looking for something that is similar to the theme of pulse to match

That part I knew. Was just looking to see if you have a more specific idea. Cannot promise anything due to time constraints since this will have to be manually coded and work/life has me pretty busy. The overall theme design and any images I use will come from this theme so credit to @Juketsu for his work on the theme. If he has not objections I will post if I can get one done.

13 hours ago, Retro808 said:

That part I knew. Was just looking to see if you have a more specific idea. Cannot promise anything due to time constraints since this will have to be manually coded and work/life has me pretty busy. The overall theme design and any images I use will come from this theme so credit to @Juketsu for his work on the theme. If he has not objections I will post if I can get one done.

I thought of something like the theme simple detailed, only with the colors and design attached to the pulse theme

So got some free time this morning before my 5am conference and got something going. Was able to get a bit more time just a bit ago and got this far. I used the TextGamesView of the BB theme as the design since it fit most with the Pause Menu and needing a text list. Alignment of elements is pretty close to the BB theme. The glows animate like the theme. Game play image is used as currently videos in Pause themes do not work correctly. Something the devs are aware of. So a concession was made to use game play image. Also font size on the "Game Paused" is larger. Just looked odd smaller. Tested on a 16:9 and 4:3 screen and layouts work. My 4K is busted so I cannot test against any other monitor right now. 

Only gripe is when your Pause menu does not have a lot of items we have a large amount of dead space. You can see this difference in the two images. However, it is better than no theme to use.

BB Theme Text View:

1105672729_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-TextGamesView-2021-11-0323_06_13.jpg.0a6c71ff66be1d79f6ed0424ac782fdd.jpg

Pause Theme:

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 7.48.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 7.07.01 AM.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Retro808 said:

So got some free time this morning before my 5am conference and got something going. Was able to get a bit more time just a bit ago and got this far. I used the TextGamesView of the BB theme as the design since it fit most with the Pause Menu and needing a text list. Alignment of elements is pretty close to the BB theme. The glows animate like the theme. Game play image is used as currently videos in Pause themes do not work correctly. Something the devs are aware of. So a concession was made to use game play image. Also font size on the "Game Paused" is larger. Just looked odd smaller. Tested on a 16:9 and 4:3 screen and layouts work. My 4K is busted so I cannot test against any other monitor right now. 

Only gripe is when your Pause menu does not have a lot of items we have a large amount of dead space. You can see this difference in the two images. However, it is better than no theme to use.

BB Theme Text View:

1105672729_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-TextGamesView-2021-11-0323_06_13.jpg.0a6c71ff66be1d79f6ed0424ac782fdd.jpg

Pause Theme:

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 7.48.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 7.07.01 AM.png

OMG YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

If you prefer different images in either of the two box let me know and I can make an adjustment.

Let me know what image and in which of the two boxes you prefer.

Its ok like that! You are amazing! If you can make the start and shutdown screen it will be great! And again you are amazing and thank you very very much!!😁

2 hours ago, IxMasterxI said:

Its ok like that! You are amazing! If you can make the start and shutdown screen it will be great! And again you are amazing and thank you very very much!!😁

Oh now you are just getting greedy. 🤣 I am joking of course. I will try and get that going as well. May be a bit (probably about a week) as I have a work project to tend to.

3 hours ago, Aiwer said:

WoW great work, is impressive

Can you share this pause screen files please??

Thanks, but the real credit goes to @Juketsu for the visual style of the theme. I do not have that sort of creativity. I am just happy I have taught myself enough coding to be able to replicate his design. It will be a bit longer before I post. Need to clean up some code and refine a few minor things.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Oh now you are just getting greedy. 🤣 I am joking of course. I will try and get that going as well. May be a bit (probably about a week) as I have a work project to tend to.

Thanks, but the real credit goes to @Juketsu for the visual style of the theme. I do not have that sort of creativity. I am just happy I have taught myself enough coding to be able to replicate his design. It will be a bit longer before I post. Need to clean up some code and refine a few minor things.

friend you are amazing, I appreciate your work and I am looking forward to installing it on my system, I love you!

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

i love you too @Juketsu i like the visual style you make it , you guys are amazing!!! :D
Edited by IxMasterxI
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Messing around with the Startup and Shutdown.

BB Theme Image as reference:

BB Theme Original.png

Startup and Shutdown theme so far:

The "Loading" and "Exit" text fade in/out and the blue glows animate as well like in the BB theme. Still got a lot of cleaning up. @IxMasterxI will send you a copy to test once I get to that point.

Pulse Sartup v1.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 8.51.33 PM.png

omg its amazing!!! i cant wait to use it on my setup!!! nice work dude!!