LaunchBox Community Forums

Cemu (Wii U) isn't being recognized as a platform, can't import games (.rpx)

Deejus679

Good afternoon,

So I'm running into a bit of a problem. Last night when I was messing around with LB I tried firing up a Cemu game I got a message saying that the rom could not be found. From there I decided the best approach would be to remove and re-import.

However I'm bumping into a few problems.
When I go to import my files (.rpx)
image.thumb.png.85bedf21031a396cd66f5adb2250724f.png   

I ended up with 0 games recognized at the end of the Wizard.

I've looked online and have seen similar situations where games are marked as hidden, but as best as I can tell I don't any that are  (see below).

Another observation I've made is that Nintendo Wii U no longer shows up as a Platform (see below).
I've tried removing the platform and adding it back in at no avail.

I'm at a bit of a loss here, and could really use a hand.

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.aa885700c11245fbefafa81c7e93ff24.pngimage.thumb.png.5feb2359c15b0782c63127befaef678c.png

Edited by Deejus679
spelling and grammar

Thank you Bundangdon for your thoughtful response.

I'll certainly take a look at the tool.
In giving it a surface glance over there is one thing that I fear will get in my way.

image.thumb.png.b9b511bc8e0c5545fcf316fe77f47e0b.png 

At this point, I have not been able to successfully import one game- as the install wizard, for whatever reason is just not wanting to recognize .rpx files. But, I'll try experimenting and report back.

Thank you again for your response.

image.png

Edited by Deejus679

@bundangdon Well, I can gladly say that the workaround worked, so thank you very much.

What I ended up on doing is importing a random .xml file so that the platform could be created, which appeared to be sufficient enough for the tool you brought to my attention.

With that I was able to import the rest of my game list. I am very grateful for this.

Still it is very much a strange thing that the import process won't recognize .rpx files.
If anybody else sees this thread and has an ideas I would be very interested.

Thank you again bundangdon, the most important piece of the puzzle has been solved.

• Game On 1

6 hours ago, Deejus679 said:

@bundangdon Well, I can gladly say that the workaround worked, so thank you very much.

What I ended up on doing is importing a random .xml file so that the platform could be created, which appeared to be sufficient enough for the tool you brought to my attention.

With that I was able to import the rest of my game list. I am very grateful for this.

Still it is very much a strange thing that the import process won't recognize .rpx files.
If anybody else sees this thread and has an ideas I would be very interested.

Thank you again bundangdon, the most important piece of the puzzle has been solved.

Yes, this is strange. I don't have Wii U in my setup anymore, but i have in the past and the .rpx files always imported just fine, of course they always needed renaming on the last page of the wizard as the names are very nearly always wrong, but no issues actually importing them.

Just tested importing about 5 Wii U rpx files and LB had no issues importing. I did use the drag and drop option as scanning typically does not work well since LB does not care about file types nor does it know to look for rpx files. So it will just import files it finds. In cases like Wii U with all the files each game has drag and drop is a better option.